1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Holy crap. Where did he get that?

·
Banned
1,236 Posts
HOLY SMOKES!!! Isn't that Lou's second huge buck in the last two weeks?!?!?!?! he's living the charmed life this season...CONGRATS on an truly awesome buck...

·
Registered
6,890 Posts
Wow...congrats Lou. I'm guessing you'll be visiting the taxidermist. [up]

I stopped by to see a friend who doe butchering in Monroeville. He said he's been getting in alot of big bucks this year. Of course, last year, buck week numbers were lower than they had been since 1979. Looks like when the take is down in 6-day, the next year hunting is good. Hint, hint. ;)

·
Registered
550 Posts
Thanks alot guys..I really appreciate it..This is my second big buck this year, but the last buck that was posted was the one that Oges77 shot..I was lucky enough to drive it to him..Now GSpotter drove me this slammer yesterday down in zone 51 and i drilled him at a little more then 5 yards..What a rush..We scored him last nite at 138 gross and netted 133...Now i guess i owe GSpotter bigtime..:D:D:D

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
First of all. Awesome deer! Congrats to you, you obviously know where the big guys are hiding![up][up]

Also, you guys seem to have a lot of success pushing deer past each other. Any secrets you're willing to share?

Do you push them with human scent? Like rather than try and walk through the woods making noise, just have a pusher enter the upwind side of a thicket and zig-zag back and forth quietly. Thats the way I used to do two man deer drives with my brother during bow season. It seemed to work well, but we never knew which runway they were gonna come out on. It was always a guessing game.

The nice thing was they didnt bust out full throttle. They trot out of the thickets and are relaxed enough to stop with a whistle or mouth bleat.

I guess the main "secret" is to hunt where the big boys are! Cant kill a big deer if he doesnt live in the woods you're hunting.:D

CONGRATS again!!![up][up]:)

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Wow incredible buck, and from zone 51, amazing, thats done by me. Congrats on the second nice one.

Is he from private land?

·
Registered
550 Posts
Houndawgg,
Thats for the editing buddy.. :) And to answer Matty's question about driving the deer..We do our homework in the off season with shed hunting and scouting..While we are out scouting and shed hunting patches of woods, we pay close attention to where the deer bed, and where the deer run to when spooked..We then take what we learn and try to put standers in the right locations and then see how things work..But as you can see when they work out, it really is a beautiful thing.. [up]

·
Registered
550 Posts
Momouth County..And by the way great Illionis buck Jrhunt..Looks like you really know where to go out there..We may have to trade secrets one day :)

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
Congrats on a really nice looking buck!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts