New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
May just be my scouting skills or lack there of but I have not come across any rubs this season. I am new to the area and hunt a 400 acre private property as well as public land. I've also covered a lot of ground scouting before the season. Found a lot of trails/bedding areas. Seen does just about every time I have been on a stand but only one button buck. Is the ratio of bucks to does that small or am I missing something. It's been a couple years since I have been in the woods so I'm down for any advice?

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
I've got a bunch of bucks on a camera and literally one or 2 rubs within a few hundred yards of the area. Either get yourself in there to see whats going on or use a trail camera. enjoy the experience. don't let sightings or lack thereof discourage you. you will learn something each time you are in there. Nick

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Still early ,I also have seen very little sign . As already said stay with the Doe. They should start chasing . Next week looks cooler and we are getting closer to Halloween week and week after .I feel the best weeks to be in the woods.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.