New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
Again guys high fence hunts are not for everyone but if this gets these kids into hunting and they develop a passion for it then great job to liberty hollow! If your kids are hunting your not hunting for your kids. Nice job Wayne and congrats to the kids

·
Registered
7,384 Posts
Nice, good to see kids hunt together even if high fence

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sometimes Just getting a kid away from his computer and cell makes a big difference. We have one young guy who eats sleeps and now lives hunting, fishing,etc. after shooting a Doe with us. His grades came up and he calls me once every couple weeks asking what we got this week. I also taught him how to trap and he is living the outdoor life. His single Mom called me Sunday to tell me how much her Son has improved as a young man. He just needed direction, guidance.
It's good to see kids getting into the hunt. Good job.

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
Do they have matching collars with there leashes? [rofl] I'm just kidding. It is good to see kids develop the love of the outdoors an hunting. Its extremely important to get the younger generation into hunting nowadays because they are our backbone in the next few decades to com, so without them, there might not be any hunting so whatever it takes for these kids to get out an hunt, I'm all for it. [up]

·
Registered
5,875 Posts
I think its great getting the kids out there especially in an environment where they will be guaranteed to see deer. Only problem I see is starting them off with bucks like that is that it will only lead to disappointment when they need to hunt fair chase and only see dinks. Starting off with a 170 class 8 point sets the bar pretty high.

·
Banned
2,221 Posts
I think its great getting the kids out there especially in an environment where they will be guaranteed to see deer. Only problem I see is starting them off with bucks like that is that it will only lead to disappointment when they need to hunt fair chase and only see dinks. Starting off with a 170 class 8 point sets the bar pretty high.
Exactly. Great bucks. And great memories im sure. But they are gonna have to keep hunting with you guys otherwise they may get discourage when they don't see a buvk like that again

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I agree. It is setting the bar high for sure. The Dad made the call on that one, I thought she was going for something substantially smaller. I would not have encouraged a Buck that big. We had a 14 year old hunt yesterday that shot a 107 inch Buck, I thought that was more size proportionate you could say for someone of that level. Thanks for your input.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts