New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just called my local municipality. The officer told me that the New Jersey State Police now handle all firearms ID card address changes. I was on the website and cannot find a direct link to fill this out. The information I did find on the State Police website stated that if you reside in a municipality with its own Police Department you need to go through them. But nowhere did I see change of address listed. Does anybody have any help in finding this link to do this online or do I need to stop by my local police department and explain things to them? Any help is appreciated thank you!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
56 Posts
I actually just went thru this myself. Went down to my local PD and they gave me a copy of the instructions on how to do this. You will need to get your local PD ID number. Make sure your references are available and keep following up with them. Took me about 2-3 weeks.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok trapaholic, thanks, so far I am stalled at the ORI n umber, . should be NJ0700400 for me, but it keeps spitting it out and not taking it, I am not in a state police area, my town has its own PD.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
got it, managed to work my through it, paid for it...... references both filled out and got response from system that they replied............. did they notify you trap if you needed to re finger print?

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my original print was from about 13 years ago, who knows, maybe get lucky and not need a new one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You should be good to go -I moved out of state from 2006 to 2014 -when I moved back they weren't on the online portal system they are on now, but I didn't need to be printed again.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks ruger man....... I appreciate the input. wish I could figure out how to see progress, my two references did their part, now it is up to my local pd, and whatever/ whoever else is involved.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
how did you guys get notified? did you get an email, a call, or did it one day magically show up in your mailbox?

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks, so far I got notifications that both my references returned their part.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just called my local municipality. The officer told me that the New Jersey State Police now handle all firearms ID card address changes. I was on the website and cannot find a direct link to fill this out. The information I did find on the State Police website stated that if you reside in a municipality with its own Police Department you need to go through them. But nowhere did I see change of address listed. Does anybody have any help in finding this link to do this online or do I need to stop by my local police department and explain things to them? Any help is appreciated thank you!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
You were misinformed,
The state police only handle out of state applications for DID Cards.
You still have to apply for FID Card address changes or Pistol permits through local police via the state police website.
You need to find the local pd code needed to fill in the banks

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
got another update, my state criminal records check was done......... now it seems to be in the hands of the local pd............

1 - 15 of 15 Posts