New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this on another sight and it got me thinking. What are your personal limits on birds for a season?
I know New Jersey isn't like the west and there aren't many wild birds hunted in this state, but what limits have you set? Being a put and take state that are a lot of birds to be had. There are also quite a few clubs. But I am not just talking pheasant, but all birds including waterfowl.
I know this may cause some debates but I think it is a good question.

Opinions guys.

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
I try to take 2 Pheasants everytime I am out. I have no limit on how many times I do this as I eat everyone I shoot plus I paid $40 dollars for a stamp. they are stocked birds and more then likely not making it through to the next year cause of preditors. So I figure the more I take the less my $40 will pay for a Yote to have a Pheasant dinner. As long as the game is not wasted the amount of any bird taken does not matter. When waste come into the factor no one should take more then they are going to consume unless asked for by family and friends

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
Last year I shot 176 birds, mostly pheasants but had a few chuckars too.

So far this year I've got 30 pheasants.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
That doesn't include the birds shot over my dog last year by other people. I would guess that to be another 100+ as well as the chukars I passed up at the club so that I could hunt pheasants. We have a 3 bird limit at both clubs.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We have a 3 bird limit at both clubs.
I am going to guess they are semi wild then.

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
Yes, Semi Wild. You can hunt 7 days a week on both properties.

They also have 3 other properties that you can hunt during the week. Neshanic Station, Cherryville, 3 Bridges. You just have to hunt your assisgned property on Sat and Sun.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is it 3 birds per property or daily?

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
bump

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
29 chukars

244 pheasants

So far this year by me. Another 100 or so over the dogs by others.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
When you taking me?:D

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
Season is about done for this year. I've got 2 people scheduled that are maybe going to join the club next year.
We'll definately hit the Flatbrook area next year, on the off days though. I've had it with hunting stocking days.[down]

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
We'll definately hit the Flatbrook area next year, on the off days though. I've had it with hunting stocking days.
Sounds good. I too have had it with the stocking days.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah, Jim. I know.

·
Registered
260 Posts
AS LONG AS PEOPLE ARE NOT WASTING BIRDS I SEE NO REASON TO LIMIT YOUR SEASON NUMBERS. AT PUT AND TAKE RESERVES YOU ARE PAYING FOR THESE BIRDS SO YOU BETTER TAKE THEM. AS FOR WATERFOWL THE LIMITS ARE THE LIMITS.

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
AS LONG AS PEOPLE ARE NOT WASTING BIRDS I SEE NO REASON TO LIMIT YOUR SEASON NUMBERS
Exactly. All my birds get consumed, maybe not by me but by people I know and want them. They also appreciate them since they don't hunt.

Of course I also eat my fair share of them too.:D
Pheasant parm.
Pheasant catchetore (Sp?)
And my favorite, Pheasant scampi. [up]

1 - 20 of 22 Posts