New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK new toy confession here this summer I got me a high end LED Lenser headlamp from the SWISS KINFE SHOP I am very impressed with it you can adjust it up to 320 lumins yet tune it down to less then 50 ( this should prove handy in the burbs wink wink) plus it has a bunch of programmable stuff far hipper than I and it stays put on hat or head with no major drama so far I like it but ONLY A COUPLE REAL DEER RECOVERIES WILL TELL.
I hope Dan aka Hammer4Reel comes on this thread and spills the beans about the light he uses because that thing is a real TOURCH and not real big for a hand held .
So share your knowledge AND disappointments because soon very soon we will be on those happy blood trails.

·
Registered
7,176 Posts
Nothing beets a propane lantern

Reactions: Deer 2

·
Registered
9,711 Posts
Walmart sells a rechargrange that you can get in 750 or 1000 lumens. It holds a great charge and REALLY lights up the woods

·
Registered
16,174 Posts
I wear a Petzel on my head, have a Gerber blood light in my pack, a mag pen light around my neck(over kill you think) also keep a Brinkman Led/halogen rechargeable from Walmart in my truck. After the bears got 1 of my deer, I don't plan on leaving any over night. But if I go now it will probably be in the am.

·
Registered
908 Posts
I use a Inova T4 rechargeable. You can turn the night into day with the flip of a switch and if you break it you get a new one for free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
843 Posts
My preference is a light that SHOWS BLOOD, I don't need or want to light up the woods. As for needing to track deer or bear or any animal, if your shot was where it should be, then your reward should be close to the impact area. If your not a good shot than Practice more or don't take marginal shots. You owe that to anything you shoot.

·
Registered
9,711 Posts
My preference is a light that SHOWS BLOOD, I don't need or want to light up the woods. As for needing to track deer or bear or any animal, if your shot was where it should be, then your reward should be close to the impact area. If your not a good shot than Practice more or don't take marginal shots. You owe that to anything you shoot.

Many times i helped trail deer that were not hit well.some of them didnt have a drop of blood.
Lighting up the woods makes recovering a deer faster ,something that one wants to do especially in warm weather ,or bear country

·
Registered
9,711 Posts
I use this Walther Tactical Pro Flashlight LED 2 CR123A Batteries Aluminum Black

For 30 bucks and 170 lumens you can't beat it. This flashlight will turn night into day.

Lol your dating your self , 170 lumens is like being in the dark.
Just a year ago 1000 was the mark, now 5000 plus gets the nod,

That being said many lights are crazy intense in a small area given their rating.
The 750 lumens light from ozark trail is way better than the 1000 is for trailing deer.itts 750 is a much wider flood than the 1000 has.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I just make a torch and walk around with that.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts