New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at LUCIANOS SPORT SHOP here in LODI today, Joe the owner informed me he will sell LIGHTFEILDS 3-1/2" SLUGS for $5.00 per box. Not many guys use them, and he wants to get rid of them. Just giving anyone the heads up

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
At that size they are very inaccurate. I found with slugs that 2 3/4 is ideal and 3 inches is okay but still a little off do to recoil. But if someone is as strong as Hulkhogan and can handle a 3 1/2 inch slug load $5.00 is a great price

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lightfields 3-1/2" slugs are loaded to equal there 3" slugs, it's just the length thats 3-1/2". I have a Mossberg 835 with the rifled/cantilever barrel, and I used them at one time, and they flew great. I stopped hunting with that shotgun cause I went to a semi-auto Remington, and use 2-3/4" Lightfields.

He has his store in the basement of his house, like it did way back when

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
I went to a semi-auto Remington, and use 2-3/4" Lightfields.
I to use a remington autoloader 1187. I have a Hasting Rifled barrel with Cantalever scope mount I shoot 2 3/4 Lightfields 1 inch group at 100 yards. I may look into other slugs this year as I always try new ones out when they are around but always find myself going back to the lightfields

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes thats all the big game they have in IOWA.....man what am I on crack?

I have the same shotgun with the same barrel but mine is a remington, getting the same groups. If I ever hunt out west with a shotgun then I will go with a lighter/flatter slug

1 - 6 of 6 Posts