New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to Dick's yesterday to renew my license for 2012. Surprisingly the girl doing it was compentent. However I was unable to renew my license. The DFW website has me down as having alread renewed it along with a coyote permit. When I checked it at home the only option it provides is for the $2 duplicates that come through the mail. I don't know how this could be because I did not renew the license yet and have no 2012 license in my posession.

The dilemma is do I just get the $2 duplicates through the mail the result being I get my all around sportsmen license for $2 as opposed to $72 or do I wait till Tuesday and call the DFW to straighten it out? I am tempted to get the duplicates, but besides being dishonest it may come back to bite me in the a$$.

·
Premium Member
1,411 Posts
Not worth the risk. I would call the state. They will correct the mistake at some point and it will become your problem.

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
I would get the duplicate. It will be easier and quicker than fighting the state.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I had the same problem when buying my permit shotgun buck tag, along with another guy. The owner of the sports shop kept tryin. Eventually it went through, took about 45 minutes to work though. It is was around 430 500pm. Maybe the state computers do some software updates then, just a guess.

·
Registered
15,842 Posts
I'd get to the bottom of why it won't issue you a license. The state surely must have a record of when where that original license ws purchased.

·
Registered
10,463 Posts
Identity theft!!!!!

Someone is using your name!
Sounds like somebody else bought a license in your name.

You'd better staighten that out with the Division real quick before the other "you" starts using tags or racking up Fish & Game violations. [eek]

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
Yeah someone is using your name and license number

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Call your local co or regional office and report it they may able to get info faster than you will be able to thru the state. And its on record in case something is done with our tags illegally.

·
Registered
5,501 Posts
They probably made a mistake punching in someone else C.I.D.# and didn't notice it. Someone's walking around with a 2012 license with your name and info on it. I'll bet they don't even know it yet.

·
Registered
7,383 Posts
I would call FG if someone else has your license it can cause you problems down the line checking in deer.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts