New Jersey Hunters banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Ariens for my backup. They make good push blowers

Ford tractor for my main (got tired of coming home from 15 hours of work and having to walk a blower up and down the driveway)

·
Registered
764 Posts
In NJ most storms are 6" or less...I use a bunch of Toros which are light weight and get the job done....you dont need a huge snow blower for less than 6"...

·
Registered
202 Posts
I have the Sears with Snowking motor, its a brute but tends to need some muscle to horse it around. Throws like there is no tomorrow though. I would buy it again if I had to, but had this one for the last 10 years. BTW I buy my wife a new snow shovel yearly for those times when I am working nights or it needs to be done before I get home. LOL
'

·
Registered
270 Posts
steer clear of anything bought from sears/home depot/lowes....better off buying from reputable dealer...husqvarna has my vote

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
It can not be to large or to powerful.
In other words get the largest and most powerful one you can afford and you will be very happy.
I love my Toro, and I have a few friends with Hondas. i'd say that either one would be a solid choice. I totally agree with the fact that it's can't be too large or too powerful. pushing a tiny snowblower to the limit every time you use it just to clear 6" of snow is stupid. spend another $200 and go for more ponies and the thing will basically run on autopilot tossing 12" or more.

·
Registered
14,076 Posts
If were taking a poll put me down for the simplicity, great machine. SEPW.com and they drop ship it to your driveway. If your not taking a poll run over to one of the repair joints like the power place in morris county and talk to the mechanics that repair all the brands. Ask about the motors etc and which they recommend. They know best which brands break down quicker and need there service. Don't talk to the sales guy lol

21 - 33 of 33 Posts