New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like its going to be a rough one this year. Bought a house last April and this will be my first winter and I'm looking for a good snow blower. What's everyone's opinions? I've been looking at husqvarna and Ariens. This is NJH so I know everyone's got a lot of opinions. Lets hear it.

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
why did the snowman smile...???

·
Registered
51 Posts
I use the husqvarna, I've had it since 2006 with no issues. Great machine.
My office has 2 aliens and they also perform very well. Not much bad to say.

·
Registered
17,903 Posts
Joystick Shute control, power-steering/independent braking & light are the most important features.

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
I'm still using my old Honda HS35. Awesome machine. I bought it new in the mid 80's and have done nothing but change the oil. Just ordered new rubbers for the auger. Its the first thing I've had to replace.

·
Registered
441 Posts
ariens. buy extra blade shear bolts so you have them on hand in the likely event you need them.

·
Registered
10,374 Posts
I use my neighbors 2 stage troybilt. Its got a big vinyl face shield so you dont blast yourself with snow... WRECKS snow! Great deal for me... he keeps the blower in his garage, I fill it up, I clean our his drive and mine when it snows. He just retired and can't do much work like that.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
I have a 5 horse 2 stage craftsman that I put an impeller kit on last year and it throws snow farther than my neighbors 8 horse.

·
Registered
570 Posts
It can not be to large or to powerful.
In other words get the largest and most powerful one you can afford and you will be very happy.

·
Registered
924 Posts
I have an Ariens built in the late 60's or early 70's and it runs like a champ. Starts on the second pull and nothing stops it.

·
Registered
6,607 Posts
My Ariens is 12 years old. It has thrown tons of snow. This past year the electric starter fell off.. It starts first pull. That thing is a life saver

·
Registered
109 Posts
Ariens are nice, metal chutes but do yourself a favor. Ariens come with B&S motors and some come with cheap chinese knock off motors. If you need a part for that motor down the line you will be able to find a B&S part a hell of a lot easier than a chinese knock off motor.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts