New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe we need a post of things not to forget to do on your first day of the year hunting.

Myself I just affixed my license to my jacket and switched quivers.

I once drove an hour and a half only to find out my license was at home. Got to watch the wife and son hunt. I was the dog.

Another time drove another hour and a half to find out I didn't even have a target arrow with me let alone broadheads.

Good luck everyone.

G

·
lets see I forgot my release once

my good friend Sammy always forgets something like: boots, license, quiver, arrows, flashlight, pen, radio, battiers.....

·
Registered
5,833 Posts
heard a something loose on my bow when I took a deer on Thursday, brought it in the house, fixed it up, and left it on the work bench when I got up @ 3:30 Saturday to go hunting.

DUH

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
I got up once at around 3:30am to go hunting with a friend. Got dressed and walked out the door without nothing. No Bow arrows hunting gear nothing at all for hunting. Did not relize this till I got to his house 10 miles away. [smirk]

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
A few years ago I should have been awarded the "Bone Head of the Year" Award ... I loaded up my truck with duck decoys, portable blind, shotshell, box, waders, etc. I live in Carteret, drove all the way to Great Bay Blvd. to hunt. Set up ther blind nice and early, put out the decoys, settle down and pour a cup of coffee and realize that my shotgun is at home! I sat there for atleast three to four hours just shaking my head.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts