New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Action is needed on Senate Bill S2325. Please copy and send the letter to the Committee Members listed.

Senate Environment Committee

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

Senate Environment Committee
Sen. Bob Smith, Chairman
Sen. Stephen Sweeney, Vice Chair
Sen. John Adler
Sen. Andrew Ceisla
Sen. Henry McNamara

Re: S2325

Dear Senate Environment Committee Member:

Please be advised that I am opposed to the enactment of S2325, which would change the way the State Wildlife Rehabilitation Program has operated since its inception, by removing the program from the jurisdiction of the Division of Fish and Wildlife. The responsibility for the licensing and regulation of wildlife rehabilitators has always been the responsibility of the Division of Fish and Wildlife because the Division is the only agency in State government with the expertise regarding wildlife necessary to oversee this program. The Division has long been charged with the management and regulation of all New Jersey wildlife, including game and non-game species, and has been responsible for extremely successful programs involving such species as eagles, peregrine falcons, raptors, and songbirds as well as species like deer, bears, furbearers, and waterfowl.

S2325 is merely another attempt by the animal rights, anti animal use advocates to gain control of New Jersey’s wildlife resources. This is particularly evident in the makeup of the proposed Wildlife Rehabilitation Study Commission, which would consist of members of such organizations as the Associated Humane Societies, Humane Society of the United States, the New Jersey Health Officers Association, and the NJ Veterinary Medical Association. None of these are organizations are known for their knowledge and expertise regarding New Jersey’s wildlife.

I am requesting that you vote“no” on S2325.

Respectfully submitted,

Your Name
Your Address
Your Town, NJ
609-555-5555
March 2, 2005

·
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I got the same for him. Gonna have to dig around and see if I can find a good address for him.

·
11,226 Posts
It came back again!! The rest have been sent though! Guy's it's easy... Just copy the text of the letter then click one of the addresses and paste the text in the text area. For subject type in S2325 then fill out your personal info at the bottom. Name - address - phone - and date.... Go get'em guys and gals!!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for the info. Will be sending off replies tonight. This is a well informed site. I am finding out that we can not be passive hunters if we want our children to hunt also. Keep up the info.

·
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
E-Mail for Senator Ciesla should work, was mis-spelled in the original post.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts