New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I might be needing a left hand or bottom eject 20 gauge. It'll be a loaner kids gun for kids in a scout pack and a left handed friend. Doesn't have to be a youth gun. Looking for something inexpensive, but willing to pay good money for a good gun. Not looking for singles doubles. It's going to get passed around and scratched up I'd guess.

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
Sounds like you are looking for an Ithaca Model 37.

Good luck in your search.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
I shoot left handed and have only owned right handed pump and semi-auto shotguns, never an issue. I've also owned right handed flintlocks and caplocks, never an issue with either.

·
Registered
4,044 Posts
Where you located? I saw a nice used Ithaca featherlight in Cheyenne Mtn Outfitters in Robbinsville, I forget if it was a 20ga though.

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
I'm a lefty, and have fired right hand automatics, and never had a problem. Didn't matter if it was one shot, or shooting as quick as I could. I do have a bottom eject Ithica slug gun, and a Browning bottom eject bird gun. Problem with lefty guns, is that if a right handed person wants to borrow or buy it, they now have the same problem that a lefty had with a righty gun. Bottom ejects are good for anybody.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Buckrussel, goto www.kitterytradingpost.com then goto the used gun section.the search on there is good.just put in your criteria and take a look.the guns on there a accurate with their %rating and they have good prices.all you'll need is a ffl here in nj.

·
Registered
275 Posts
The safety being on the wrong side doesn't cause issues when you're, say, wing shooting?
im a lefty and thats why i shoot mossbergs, the safety is thumb operated and completly ambidextrous. great for snap shooting.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts