New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Leaving tomorrow for long weekend in VT. Going to try and take a bear with my bow. Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No guide my brother has vacation house with two food plots & 200 acres. Father-in law has scene bear hanging around last 2 months and has showed up on trail-cam.

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
The best advice I can give is if you get into a bad situation....run faster than your brother!! [hihi]

Good luck hope to see some pics when you get back. Be safe.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
cook up some bacon and save the grease in a can....get to your hunting spot and use a small sterno stove to boil the grease....the scent will carry for a hell of a long way....good luck

·
Registered
15,697 Posts
Six of my buddies are in Maine this week on a bear hunt.2 have mussies 2 have Rifles 2 have bows monday night the rifle boys scored and one got to draw back but not a good shot with the bow.Last night nothing and they are still out now no check in yet.Its been cool up there they said some bait locations no bugs others they were so so Good Luck to Ya[up]

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
vanilla extract or oil of anise ,smells like licorice put out in front of you and dont get any on you or [down],used that trick quite a bit up there (white river junction,sharon vt) and works very well,i also tried it like a drag rag and had good results that way also,good luck

·
Registered
9,577 Posts
if there coming to the food plot pretty regular... i wouldnt do a thing but get in a stand over the trail there using... maybe bring a diaphram with ya to squeek one over if he's too far.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts