New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm headed to LBI tomorrow for a vacation and was wondering if anyone knew how the fishing conditions were. I'll be surf casting every morning and evening and out on the bay a couple times. I don't have a boat so I'll be renting one for a crabbing/fishing excursion (or two - I have some nephews I need to teach how to crab and fish) around the causway area. I hear they are hitting weakies in the bay but they are small. kingfish in the surf, blues and some fluke. Any advice from the fishing community??

Thanks

·
Registered
16,174 Posts
I go down every year about this time. Except this year, to busy with work. I find that the water is always to warm, and the best chance for a stripper is from 4-6 am. Always bluefish to keep you happy and provide you with crab bait at the same time. Crabbing is at it's best this time of year.

Good luck, have fun, and be safe. Ps. Don't forget the lifejackets for the tots.[up]

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
bgood, check out fishermanheadquarters.com

They are bait and tackle shop down there that puts the fishing reports on their web site.

Ocean's been producing some nice fluke, tuna, and mahi close to shore. And theres always bluefish around. But I doubt your going into the ocean. I heard theres weakfish at the bridge pylons at night. The crabbing is unbelievable this year. Guaranteed to have a good day crabbing. Try fishing at the lighthouse / inlet area theres always fish by the rocks.

Bring the little guys with you to the local bait shop and let them know you're taking them fishing, they should be able to steer you in the right direction.

·
Registered
5,834 Posts
can you confirm that URL?

fisherMANheadquarters is a URL that is up for sale.

fisherMENheadquarters is in Fla.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
When I go fishing at LBI I prefer Beach Haven.My friends and I will usually hit the seashell for happy hour.If we dont have any luck there we are always sure to hook up with something at The Marlin.It might not be what we are looking for but its all about numbers,right?I usually do pretty good with the lunkers the later it gets.We dont pay much attention to the tides but find that our numbers go down when its raining out.If you want junk fish try Nardis on a Sunday night.Good luck and be safe.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts