New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
four is THE latest. im sure i could get away with five but id be too afraid to spook any deer in there. thats when trail cams come in handy you can see what time deer usually arrive around your stand.

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
What is the latest time you get into your afternoon spot tree stand or blind? Is 5oclock too late?
Really depends on the stand. I have stands close to bedding area I try to be there early afternoon. Take my time and sneak in. Other stands close to field edges I know the deer will most likely not be around till the last hour of light. A spot like that where I can walk right to the tree and be quiet getting I'm I would have no issue showing up at 5 knowing the majority of the deer will not be in the area till 6 or later.

·
Registered
15,842 Posts
Hunt when you can. It only takes a minute for a deer to show up regardless if it is the first minute of dawn or the last minute of dusk I killed more than a few on limited time hunts due to work or other obligations. Just be respectful of others in an area if others are already there.

Good advice above about the ease of getting in quietly.

·
Registered
6,607 Posts
it depends.. I don't think 5:00 is too late its Sunny today its light almost till 7:00pm.. If its an easy access spot get in there..

·
Registered
276 Posts
It doesn't hurt to go even if it might be to late. Always worth it to be in the woods than inside.

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
this time of year I plan for a 2 - 2.5 hour afternoon sit till dark... After time changes and rut kicks, in, I'll take 90 minutes if I can get, but would prefer 3-4 hours if not an all day sit (which is pretty damn hard for me to do)

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
Last week I snuck into a lock on I have at like 620. Gutted dragged in truck by 720 or so.

Reactions: Ducks&Bucks
1 - 12 of 12 Posts