New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you purchased your Permit Shotgun season tag so you could take part in the early doe only days of Permit Shotgun, but did not buy the buck tag hedging your bets that you would take two bucks in 6-day and thus not be eligible for a buck tag, today is the last day you can buy the buck tag. If you don't have it by close of business you cant get one.

·
Registered
7,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What if I didn't buy my shotgun or muzzy permit yet. Still las day to buy buck stub?
No. If you do not have a muzzy season permit for any zone, nor a shotgun permit for any zone, you can buy the buck tag at the time you purchase your season tag even after the season starts...but many guys (myself included just got the season tag before 6-day so you could take a doe during 6-day in addition to taking bucks...for those of us who did that, we must buy that buck tag before the official opener tomorrow

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
also if I am not mistaken - if you did not use any of your 6-day buck tags, you still "only" get one permit buck tag...
So in order to hunt bucks with permit shotgun, you must have one or two unused 6-day buck tags - you have to buy the $28 permit, and $28 permit buck tag, and can "only" shoot one buck not two...

I will say it AGAIN- give us two buck tags per calendar year, to use however we damn well please. Hell charge us $50 per buck tag - I don't care but the current tag system is just absurd.

·
Registered
10,463 Posts
I will say it AGAIN- give us two buck tags per calendar year, to use however we damn well please. Hell charge us $50 per buck tag - I don't care but the current tag system is just absurd.

Agreed.

Bow, muzzleloader, or shotgun ... your choice, but two is all you get.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
It is what it is*If you want to hunt ,you got to buy the tags like it or not*I'm sure you know by now that our glorious state will dollar you to death*Ca Ching***

·
Registered
104 Posts
little help with Buck Tag

1-if i bought a buck tag for permit Bow and did not use it and did not use my buck tag in reg season do i need to buy one for permit shot gun?
2-if i buy a permit for shot gun can i also use my muzzle loader ? or do i have to get permit muzzle loader too? i hunt two zones 11/12
3-my son who is 14 got a buck reg season has a buck tag for permit Bow do i need to get him a buck tag for permit shot gun or permit muzzle loader thanks for the help ..

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
little help with buck tag

1-if i bought a buck tag for permit bow and did not use it and did not use my buck tag in reg season do i need to buy one for permit shot gun? Yes2-if i buy a permit for shot gun can i also use my muzzle loader ? Or do i have to get permit muzzle loader too? I hunt two zones 11/12... always have to have permit for the zone and the weapon and a corresponding "buck tag" if available. So you would need muzzy permit and shotgun permit if its not a muzzy day but a shotgun day only. 3-my son who is 14 got a buck reg season has a buck tag for permit bow do i need to get him a buck tag for permit shot gun or permit muzzle loader thanks for the help .. if he didn"t shoot two bucks during 6 day - he can get a permit shotgun buck tag, he cannot hunt for a buck with shotgun without both the permit and the buck tag. He can however continue to bow hunt every day and use his permit bow buck tag.

I think I imbedded your answers within your text...

·
Banned
5,004 Posts
It's irrationally and needlessly complex, which is understandable given it emanates from government.

·
Registered
7,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
if i buy a permit for shotgun can i also use my muzzle loader
During Permit shotgun season, you are not allowed to use a muzzle loading rifle. But you can use a muzzle loading shotgun (smooth bore). In muzzy season, you can use either a muzzy smooth bore or muzzy rifle. Where the seasons overlap, you can use either version of a muzzy too. But on days where its just permit shotgun open in your zone, you are only permitted a smooth bore muzzy, not a rifled bore.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
I already have mine but, nice reminder MTH[up]

1 - 19 of 19 Posts