New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy Dennis calls me at work to invite me to his farm for the last day goose hunt.After setting up the decoys we take a short walk to see if the pond is iced over.On the way back we have 2 birds crossing the field so we get down and I start calling.[We were about 60 yds from the blind]Both birds turn our way and start to lock up.I started calling agressive with feeding growls and the birds actually pass the outside of the decoys heading right for us.When they were in range I took the bird on the right and Dennis took the bird on the left.At my shot my bird folded and Dennis peppered his twice.As Im walking to pick the bird up I notice a band on its leg and turn and give Dennis a yell and thumbs up.As I roll the bird over there is another band on the other leg!!Further inspection I find one of the bands is a $100 reward band!How cool!I ran the number and found out the bird was a male and was banded in Quebec Canada in July 2002.Great way to end the season!Thanks Dennis.

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
Wow he was old. Congrats

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Very cool

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Congrats! Any pics?

·
Registered
481 Posts
[up] sweet end oldest band id ever shot was on a canada and it was 8 yrs old banded up in canada also congrats, ive never killed a reward band though thats awesome

·
Registered
6,576 Posts
Nice !! Congrats. We dropped a few today but no jewelry...

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
oldest band id ever shot was on a canada and it was 8 yrs
I have a band I took off a goose that was killed crossing rt.33.Ran it online and found it was a resident bird 14 years old.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts