New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 4 of 57 Posts

· Registered
3,711 Posts
When we were kids we used to sneak on to a local golf course and fish the ponds once they were closed
When I was in high school, me and a buddy of mine used to do the same thing but we used to go when the course was open. We were on the back end of one of the greens, on the other side of the water so technically off the course itslef. We used to wave to the golfers as they came by to putt.[hihi] Biggest one I ever caught was on a golf course, about 5lbs.

· Registered
3,711 Posts
I still keep fish now and then, but only if I plan on fish for dinner that night.
I'm with you on that one. I catch and release the majority of the time but every now and then I will bring fish home, including largemouth. I can see the arguement if it's the same people limiting out every time they go out but if once in a while someone decides to take a couple fish home, I don't see the big deal. It's like deer hunting, just because the state has an unlimited doe limit doesn't mean you go out and shoot every doe that you see. Fish, just like deer, are a natural resource that needs to be managed responsibly. A little moderation and self-control go a long way.

1 - 4 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.