New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

My buddy asked me to sell a Largemouth Bass for him. He said the fish cost him $350 and is looking to get $150 or reasonable offer. Let me know if you are interested.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
Does it wipes its own ass?

Sent via turd.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It might sing and dance as well as wipe its own ass but I wouldn't know since it is not mine. I can inquire with him if you want [ko]
Remember guys, I'm trying to help out a friend and fellow outdoorsman.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
You people never heard of selling taxidermy? There's so many people I know that buy taxidermy for there stores, businesses, home decor for a man cave. There's a big market for it. Not every person looks at it as a forbidden object to avoid because someone else used there ugly stick an a buzz bait to catch a smelly ol bass...

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
You people never heard of selling taxidermy? There's so many people I know that buy taxidermy for there stores, businesses, home decor for a man cave. There's a big market for it. Not every person looks at it as a forbidden object to avoid because someone else used there ugly stick an a buzz bait to catch a smelly ol bass...
It is just the way of this site. Everybody has a comment be it good or bad. to each is own I guess. I know an old man who goes to garage sales and buys old taxidermy and makes a small fortune selling it to restaurants and such as decoration. He once bought a horrible moose mount and had the two broken tines fixed total investment 230 he sold it to somebody as a decoration for their Vermont ski house for 950 dollars. That's a decent profit if you ask me.

·
Registered
9,743 Posts
I've bought other peoples fish mounts. It allows me to catch and release. I measure the dimensions and buy an exact size. Obviously I dont do that with deer but a fish is a fish is a fish. What are the dimensions? Looks like a great taxidermy job! I just hope it didn't come out of one of the lakes I fish!

Reactions: oneshotkill

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
1" center to center of hole

·
Registered
17,538 Posts
I sell stuff like this everyday ,as said above your either to ignorant to know what sells or just had to post a dumb comment .look on eBay or Craigslist and see what they sell for

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
Friend of mine used to run a furniture store in PA and he would pick up whitetail mounts at estate sales and yard sales, and resell them for astronomical prices. These were the most hideous mounts you have ever seen but people bought them for cabin decor.

·
Registered
6,592 Posts
I actually bought a few mounts over the years that exactly replicated some big fish that I caught photographed and released in places where there is an agreement to practice catch and release to sustain the population of big fish.

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
I have a friend that does cleanouts. He rides by once in a while to see if I want anything hes taking to the dump. It saves him money and I get some stuff now and then. I got a really old hyena mount that had lost most of its hair. I used to put it out on halloween. I decided to get rid of it when my kids got older and put it on ebay to see what someone would pay. Ended up selling it to the Discovery Channel for $1100.00! Turns out it had a brass tag on the back showing it was mounted by a guy in N.Y.C. in the 30's or 40's that was the first taxi in the U.S. that was licensed to mount African game or something like that. They wanted it for a show they are supposed to do on the history of taxidermy. Split the money with my friend and was a happy boy. Makes me look closer at stuff I used to overlook!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts