New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know any good tips or spots for fish. I just wanted to create a topic where all kdc members and non kdc members can talk and get to know each other and spread information about the lake.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Love Hopatcong. Have two boats on the lake. I fish year round there but have to say, fishing after 10 pm in June while throwing topwater lures is the most exciting fishing I've ever done. Walleye and Hybrid Stripers slamming poppers off the surface. What a rush!!! Throw your lures towards the docks or toward the sound of huge Walleye and Hybrid Stripers jumping out of the water feeding on herring. I'm getting amped up just typing this.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I fish Hopatcong about 20 times a year. I finally started fishing deeper water and had a lot of success last year. Drop-Shot and Jigs in 10-20ft of water were the ticket.

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
have to try that i usally live bait with herring or use a husky jerk in fire tiger
or rattle traps and in the spring a floating rapala in the shallows male bass guarding the nest will crush it and you get crappie and perch mixed in once boat trafic gets heavy fishing slows down if renting you get 2-3 hours befor it gets heavy if i owned a boat i would be night fishing but you need to look out for the idiots comeing out of the wet bars they have run pleanty of boats over in the past in may troll the weed lines with plugs at dusk lots of walley bite at that time and another good spot in front of bradys bridge in the spring for hybrds

·
Registered
9,711 Posts
I can tell ya all about round valley but never been to that lake
tell me what u got then
Ryan the guy wants to know about the fish there, NOT how to drive round and round the lake , looking intently at the fish finder till dizzy [rofl]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts