New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sunday I took Gunnar for run, and throughout the course of the day he always finds the mud. So, we stop at the boat launch at Assunpink to get washed up.

I start throwing his bumper out at the boat launch and a boat comes in, so we move a bit down the shore and I look and see a bass swimming very close to the surface. Knowing Gunnar has never seen a fish, let alone be able to catch a large-mouth. I get his attention and show him the bass and tell him 'fetch'. He takes a running leap from the shore right on top of the thing, with head below the surface of the water, and retrieves to hand a nice 17" bass! [eek]

I did't think would get it. Comes to find that there was a bass tournament or something finishing up, and this bass was a little manhandled. So, I slowly revive the bass and release him. He swims away. The benefits of a soft bite retrieve. :D

Nice time to leave the camera at home. :p

·
Registered
267 Posts
Nice catch - who needs a pole?

Wish I would have gotten a photo of my setter pup yesterday (we were looking for woodcock), standing in the flooded timber at Assunpink pointing a pod of teal.

She was in up to her neck, and all you could see was her neck and head, and the 12 o'clock tail at the other end!

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
Now that is a well trained dog who wants to please! Gotta love it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts