1 (17 oz.) can peas (or frozen)
1 (17 oz.) can corn (or frozen)
6 carrots, cubed
3 lg. celery stalks, cubed
1 lg. onion, diced
2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 (28 oz.) can tomatoes
Put in large pan, cover with water. Cover. Cook over low heat for 3 hours, (or low heat in crock pot all day.) Additional optional ingredients: sliced cabbage, barley

· Registered
16,049 Posts
CRANBERRY VENISON STEW
3 lbs. venison or chuck, cut into 1
inch cubes
1/4 c. margarine or butter
2 lg. onion, chopped
2 c. cranberries
3 (10 1/2 oz.) cans condensed beef
broth
2 cloves garlic
Salt & pepper
2 c. celery, cut in 1 inch pieces
6 potatoes, peeled & halved
6 carrots, cut in 1 inch pieces
1 (12 oz.) can corn, drained
1/4 c. flour mixed with 1/3 c. water
In a large Dutch oven brown beef on all sides in margarine. Add onions and cranberries. Cook 5 minutes or until onions are tender. Stir in broth and garlic. Cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hours or until meat is tender. Stir in celery, potatoes, carrots and corn. Simmer 20 minutes longer or until vegetables are fork tender. Stir in flour mixture. Cook until gravy is thickened. Season to taste with salt. Serves 4.

· Registered
16,049 Posts
VENISON VEGETABLE SOUP FIREHOUSE STYLE
1 (4 lb.) venison roast
5 med. onions
1 lg. (1-3 lb.) bag carrots
2 cartons sliced mushrooms
1 lg. (16 oz.) bag frozen corn
1 lg. (16 oz.) bag cut green beans
1 lg. (16 oz.) bag tri-colored noodles
5 lg. potatoes, peeled
3 lg. (32 oz.) cans sliced tomatoes
1 cube beef bouillon
1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
Basil to taste
Parsley to taste
Oregano to taste
Cayenne peppers to taste
Garlic powder to taste
Onion powder to taste
Bay leaves to taste
Paprika to taste
Liquid smoke to taste
Cut roast, onions, carrots, potatoes into bite-size pieces. Brown meat in skillet with beef bouillon, onions and 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce. While meat is browning, fill large Dutch oven with 6 cups cold water, add vegetables and bring to a boil. Add skillet ingredients and seasonings. Bring to vigorous boil for 15 minutes, reduce heat and simmer covered for 2 hours, stirring occasionally. Serve hot with bread sticks. Feeds 6-10 manly appetites.

· Registered
16,049 Posts
CROCKPOT VENISON STEW
1 3-5 lb. tenderloin or shoulder, cubed
1/4 c. oil
1/4 tsp. pepper
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1 pkg. onion soup mix, dry
1 can cream of celery soup
1 can golden mushroom soup
1 c. water
4 med. size potatoes, cubed
6 carrots, sliced
1 med. onion, quartered
Pour oil in pan and set on medium heat. Sprinkle pepper, garlic on meat and brown on all sides (lightly brown - quickly). Combine soups and water and pour over meat in crockpot. Add onions, carrots, and potatoes. Simmer 3 hours or until done.

· Registered
16,049 Posts
VENISON CORN CHOWDER
1 lb. venison sausage
1 c. onion, coarsely chopped
4 c. potatoes, peeled cut in 1/2 inch
cubes
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. marjoram
1/8 tsp. ground pepper
2 c. water
1 (17 oz.) can creamed corn
1 (17 oz.) can kernel corn
1 (12 oz.) can evaporated milk
Cook sausage and onion until meat is brown and onion is tender. Drain on paper toweling. Put in Dutch oven with potatoes, spices and water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes. Add both kinds of corn and evaporated milk. Heat through. Serves 6.

· Registered
16,049 Posts
SWEET AND SOUR VENISON STEW
2 lb. venison stew meat
1 lg. can tomatoes
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup vinegar
1 lg. onion, cut into pieces
1 lg. green pepper, cut into pieces
Brown venison stew meat in oil in large Dutch oven. Add onion and cook lightly. Add mashed tomatoes, vinegar, and brown sugar. Put in enough water so it won't stick. Cook several hours until tender. The last 10 minutes of cooking, add

· Registered
16,049 Posts
VENISON GOULASH
1 1/2 lb. ground venison
1 lg. onion, chopped
1 lg. can tomatoes
1 lg. can tomato puree
1 clove garlic
1 tbsp. Italian seasoning
2 tbsp. onion soup mix
1/2 lb. uncooked pasta of your choice
Bring 4 quart pot of water to boil; add pasta. Cook 15 minutes; drain. In large pan, brown venison with onion and garlicup Add rest of items, let simmer for 30 minutes, add pasta and simmer 15 minutes. Substitute venison with ground turkey or ground chicken, all are very good.

· Registered
6,834 Posts
VENISON CORN CHOWDER
1 lb. venison sausage
1 c. onion, coarsely chopped
4 c. potatoes, peeled cut in 1/2 inch
cubes
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. marjoram
1/8 tsp. ground pepper
2 c. water
1 (17 oz.) can creamed corn
1 (17 oz.) can kernel corn
1 (12 oz.) can evaporated milk
Cook sausage and onion until meat is brown and onion is tender. Drain on paper toweling. Put in Dutch oven with potatoes, spices and water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes. Add both kinds of corn and evaporated milk. Heat through. Serves 6.
I made this and it's excellent. Put a little of the sausage aside, or cook some extra and make sausage and cheddar biscuits to go with it. Just take some of those biscuits in a tube, put them on a cookie sheet, split them and put some sausage and cheddar cheese in the middle, pinch the edges and bake them.

· Registered
4,099 Posts
venison and eggs
2 tbls bacon fat
1 lb ground venison
1/2 small onion, diced
3 med jalepenos, diced
1/4 cup red pepper, diced
1 dz eggs, scrambled
1/2 cup grated chedder cheese
Salt and Pepper to taste
Brown venison in bacon fat in a large frying pan over med heat. Drain fat. Add onion, jalepenos, and red pepper, stir. Add eggs, stir. Just before eggs are done add cheese. When cheese starts to melt remove from heat.
I like hot sauce with this but others might like sour cream, salsa, or even guacamole.

· Premium Member
9,900 Posts
Holy Crap!!
What a great thread Mystic and great recipes guys[up]

Hey SuperX....let's watch those bacon and eggs....we don't want you back at Hackensack. [hihi]

Unless of course you miss large marge [rofl]

· Registered
4,099 Posts
Sam, that's the worst part, it has nothing to do with my diet. It's an electrical thing. All my arteries are fine, my heart is healthy. It just doesn't get the right electrical pulses to keep it in sinus rhythm. So bring on the bacon!!

· Registered
16,049 Posts
Breakfast Sausage

10 lbs of ground venison including pork fat. (usually 8 lbs meat 2 lbs fat) more or less to taste. I like more fat
5 tbls salt
1 tsp ground white pepper
1 tbls sage
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tbls ground nutmeg
2 tbls powdered dextrose
`
2 Cups Ice water

mix and stuff into 28-30 mm hog casings, 24-26 lamb casings or into roll and freeze into patties.
If freezing for any length of time it’s best to leave out the sage as it will turn bitter.`

Italian Sausage

10 lbs venison and fat as above (8&2) I like more fat.
4 tbs salt
2 cups ice water
3 tsp fennel seed
2tsp. coarse black pepper
1 tbs sugar

grind and mix, stuff into32-35 hog casings.

· Registered
465 Posts
Sweet Bacon Wrapped Venison Tenderloin (from RecipeZaar.com)

2 lbs venison tenderloins
1/2 lb bacon
3 cups brown sugar
2 cups soy sauce
1/4 cup white sugar

Mix brown Sugar and Soy sauce together in a bowl. They should combine nicely into a soupy soy liquid.

Put Deer Loin in a cooking tray and pour Brown Sugar/Souy Sauce mixture over loin. Roll tenderloin over in mixture, completely covering it.

Let meat marinate in mixture at least 3 hours or overnight in fridge. It's best to marinate for 8 hours if you have the time.

Remove loin from tray, and place on a slotted bake sheet with a drip pan or aluminum foil below to catch dripping. Don't throw away marinade.

Wrap a pice of bacon around the very end of the tenderloin, securing the bacon strip with a toothpick.

Repeat this process until the entire loin is wrapped in ten or so bacon "loops." The tenderloin should look like an arm with a bunch of wrist watches on it, the watches being the bacon strips.

Drizzle remaining marinade over deer loin.
Cover loin and bacon strips in a thin coating of white sugar.

Place on center rack in oven and bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes.

Remove from oven and place on cutting board. Using a knife, cut the loin between each strip of bacon so that you have many pieces of meat, each with their own toothpick.

You can eat these pieces directly from the toothpick or remove the toothpick and eat like steak.

You can thank me later!

· Registered
15,573 Posts
How about a nice hot sauce for stews, chili recipes ect..

12 habaneros
2 carrots
1 whole lime
1 Lg onion
1/2 Tbs salt
1/4 tbs white pepper
8 Tbs white vinegar
6 cloves garlic

Cut hot peppers in half and remove seeds. ( please use gloves)Drop in boiling water for 30 seconds to blanche. Remove peppers and put onion, carrots and garlic cloves into boiling water until tender. squeeze juice from lime and combine all ingredients and put in blender. First chop then blend at high speed..store in any jar in the fridge..Hot Hot Hot!!!

· Registered
10,637 Posts
Pheasant Sandwich w/ Horseradish (had this one last night)

-Pound out Pheasant breast until thin
-bread the breast & fry in olive oil
-make sandwich on favorite bread w/ favorite toppings (lettuce, tomato, onion, peppers, pickels, etc.)
-add horseradish to sandwich

· Registered
2,343 Posts
a little something special for all you bbq lovers:
16oz-bbq sauce( i use kraft original)
16oz-ketsup
1/2 cup- fine chopped onions
1 cup -brown sugar
2 tbls-garlic powder
2 to 5 oz- horseradish(to taste...start low and add)
2tbls- mustard
2tbls- lemon juice(concentrate)

mix all ingredients in pan,cover,warm on low heat until it turns a dark rose color
serve on your favorite bbq, ribs, chicken parts, brisket, pork butt....this goes amazing with chicken...grill some chicken thighs(or whatever you like), a little rub on top, last 5 mins, apply sauce to chicken, shut grill, let glaze for 5 mins, serve on platter and sauce again, ready to eat[tasty]
caution: dont bite your fingers, cause you'll have a hard time stoppin!!!
hope you all enjoy this as much as my family has[up]

· Banned
7,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #100 ·
Code:
Ok, I'm Doing a cd Cook book... I'll be burning the cd and mail them out. The Cost would be $2.00 (I pay S&H), A Donation from each sale will go to NJOA.
If anyone wants to add their favorites Email them to me Mysticguido I want to have everything done by The First of the Year..

81 - 100 of 111 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.