New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I was looking for some suggestions on a knife. I will hopefully be going out with some friendly hunters over the coming weeks and months and until I get my bow, rifle, shotgun etc I am gong to feel pretty naked. I don't need much of an excuse to get a good knife so was wondering if you had any suggestions.

Later down the road I will need a new skinning knife, but for now i am just looking for a general purpose knife. Something that could help get me out of trouble.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm just trying to think maybe of a little backpack to carry whilst out. I have never had to worry about anything bigger than a fox in the UK. I just want to be as prepared as I can be an not get caught of guard and look like a donut!

·
Registered
882 Posts
X2 on the buck 110

·
Registered
885 Posts
I'm sure if you do a quick search on the forums you'll find more details. This thread seems to start up once a year. Knives don't change much.

Are you looking for an EDC or for any specific features? Or is there a budget?

My hunting knives are a Kabar BK-16 and a Havalon Piranta. The bucks and cutco a seem to have a following as so the old timers etc.

If you want to go HAM on your knife buying, Bark River makes great knives but you're looking at $300 for something like the Gunny Hunter or something in that class.

Check out the blades forum. That's where you can get SME level knowledge on knives.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.