New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know any good knife sharpeners in the Essex county area? A good one is hard to find!
Thanks

·
Registered
907 Posts
I don't know one and I'm looking also. A lot of reviews say the chefs choice knife sharpeners, put a pro edge on knives in very little time. since I have hunting knives-fishing knives and kitchen knives, I think that is the way I will go. any input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
9,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looking for a person who hones and sharpens. Sorry for the confusion!

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Find a local butcher shop (not a chain but a local one). Odds are that they send their knives out for sharpening. They may be able to give you some leads.

Art

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Find a local butcher shop (not a chain but a local one). Odds are that they send their knives out for sharpening.
Local shops and your supermarket ALL get thier knives picked up weekly for sharpening, usually by the same guy. They all seem to have a territory. Talk to any local butcher and they should be able to hook you up with the guy. When I was a Shoprite meat mgr, I had a few customers that would leave me thier knives to get sharpened and pick them up the following week. It only runs $2-%3 a knife.

·
Registered
9,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
MikeP?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.