New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I now have a Kimber 9mm carry model, A 1911 .45 and a Long slide 10 mm 1911
I like every one. They are well made, nice fit and finish. All three were very accurate out of the box.
All three were on paper at 10 yards and then needed minor adjustments like maybe 2" off.
Besides being a pain in the butt to take apart for cleaning and an occasional jam i love them lol
I would not choose them for self defense since all three occasionally jam .
That being said they are all accurate and easy to shoot. For range use they are awesome .
Supposedly they need about 500 rounds to break in we will see.

·
Registered
3,536 Posts
Good luck with the toys, if you need any help "breaking 'em in" just let me know. I have a lot of time if you have the ammo :)

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
One of the nice things about Glocks, they run all the time. You can take them apart blindfolded and are as simplistic as they come. I owned a few 1911's apart from the rich history behind the gun and its inventor you only got to limp wrist one and the stove pipes start.

·
Registered
7,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pintail, I have owned 2 glocks a 9mm and a 40. I hated both of them. I agree they are great for self defense.
Since i cannot carry in NJ and 100 percent of my shooting is at a range i enjoy accuracy and quality and will wait until the Kimbers break in. For home defense i am using the Shockwave with 00 short shells and a laser on top

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
65% of police around in the US carry Glocks that is good enough for me. I have a 1911 I hate shooting it and then attempting to put it back together makes me not want to shoot it again.

·
Registered
7,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pintail, triggers sucked. guns feel cheap . I am old school and like metal . Trust me i know they are dependable if my life was on the line i would grab a Glock before my Kimber. If you are 1911 fan you can take them apart easy enough.
Glocks are like my taste in Music, I do not like Frank Sinatra or Michael Jackson music. But Millions upon millions of people do and still do today so who am I to judge. I had a High Point carbine that handled nicely and was nice and accurate. I sold it because it was plastic and I didn't like the feel of it. I went through about 4 or 5 ar style 22's until i got an H&K. The others felt cheap. S&W functioned very nice but H & K feels like a substantial weapon ( metal)

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
There are so many things you can do to make the triggers great on the glocks. I agree the 1911's can be field stripped fairly easy but the glocks are so much nicer. I'm old school too, I just have a taste for simplicity and something that's takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I have 3 Kimbers, I love the 10mm eclipse I bought, and have 2 stainless compacts, both are pre series, they have no series marks on them. Great guns, never had a problem, I load blue dot and longshot both shotgun powders for the 10 and bullseye for the 45's. As far as taking them apart I have no problems, could probably do the 10mm blindfolded

·
Registered
7,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have yet to start reloading for mine. I have been very lazy for the last couple years only did .223/5.56
I have two progressive presses and will start again. I acquired some powder , bullets, have the brass now need primers which are ridiculous right now. for the cost of primers at .30 a round i can buy loaded ammo for .49

1 - 12 of 12 Posts