New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,236 Posts
GVS send a pm with your phone # I lost my kidneys in
Jan of 2004 was on daiysis for 21/5 yrs got a transplant in Aug.2006. I started with cancer in 1994
after a few yrs of chemo I beat it but my kidneys
got their A$$ kicked.[wallmad]I didn't hunt or fish for about 6 yrs. NOW DONG BOTH FULL SPEED[up]

·
Registered
4,236 Posts
Thanks Dave yup for a few years I had my hands full.
GVS no matter what your Pop wants to do; please let us know he is doing. Best of luck to him and I'll say one for him!!!!

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
GVS,

where do you live? My nephew had a great kidney doctor, but he's retired, I will pray that your Dad finds a good one and he recovers quickly!

I'll tell you this I know he has a good son!

jack

·
Banned
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks to all that reached out to help me. NJH members are awesome. It's comforting to know there are good folks left in NJ that are willing to help out. Thanks so much everyone.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Luigi Bonomini out of Saint Barnabas in Livingston. He is one of the best. I wourk with him regularly when I take care of transplant patients. You will be hard pressed to find anyone better.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Dr Karlin Lawrenceville Urology
2 Princess Road, Suite J
Lawrenceville, NJ 08648 Phone: (609) 895-1991
Fax: (609) 895-6996
2 years ago I was diagnosed with kidney cancer. I am now cancer free with 2 functioning kidneys. I cant say enough what a great job they did for me.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Keep us posted ,our prayers go out to your pops.

·
Registered
515 Posts
GVS I am an assistant to a large group of Urologists in Morristown, if you are in my area PM me. Most probably your Dad will need to see a Nephrologist, we can point you in the right direction.

·
Banned
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Dad had his kidney biopsied today, he's been on prednisone and stopped taking all other meds, kidneys are still at about 10%, He gets the biopsy results back next week.

Dr says he's anemic, he cant catch his breath and sits in a chair all day. A month ago he was fishing the flatbrook every day, he hunted a week with me last fall.

He's 70 years old and up until 3 weeks ago was strong as an ox.

Now he's depressed...thinks he's gonna die or worse become a burden. It's tough to watch your parents get old.

·
Registered
17,065 Posts
sorry to hear. [sad] Hope they figure out what the problem is with his kidneys. Wish him luck.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.