·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever use this sight if so is it good or bad . I only hunt from a tree

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
i use the keller. i love it. it can be a little crazy to setup but once it's on, it's on.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I HAVE USED THE KELLER SIGHT FOR MANY YEARS, ONCE SET UP THE SIGHT IS GREAT! THE ONE PIN FROM O-30 YARDS OUT, AND EVEN TWO ADDITIONAL PINS FOR FURTHER YARDAGE. YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How hard is it to setup? I only shot 0-30 yard & only like one pin

·
Registered
31 Posts
I HAVE HAD MY SIGHT SETUP FOR SOME TIME NOW, BUT IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY YOU JUST SIGHT IN THE BOW AT 12 YARDS ON THE GROUND AND THEN IS SIGHTED IN FOR UP TO 30 YARDS UP IN A TREE. WELL WORTH THE EFFORT. I HAVE SHOT MANY BUCKS WITH THE SIGHT, OF THE VERY FEW BUCKS THAT WERE POOR SHOTS OVER THE YEARS IT WAS SHOOTER ERROR, I SADLY ADMIT, NOT THE EQUIPMENT.

·
Registered
16,174 Posts
How hard is it to setup? I only shot 0-30 yard & only like one pin
It's the easiest site I've ever used. You sight it in at 20 yds on the ground and you good to go. The ticky part is getting used to shooting it on the ground at various distances.. The only thing I didn't like about it was it was noisy, Recently it was supposed to have been taken over by another co, and improved with glow pins etc, the price also went up about $45, think it's $115 now. I purchased the savage and it's much quieter but more involved and expensive. My old keller is on my back-up bow.:D

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
The Keller sight is great [up] I have used one for years now . From what I remember like said above sight it in around 12 yards locked in like 4 position ( I think ) , then go up at least 12 feet unlock it and fine tune it .

You can ground hunt with it by locking the pin . This will take practice from you to find where to lock it . I did a stalk hunt out west and switched to a Spothog but when I got home I put the Keller right back on since I only stand hunt here in NJ . Bolted it back on and it was still dead on !

I have shot deer dead under me out to 35 yards . AWESOME Sight !!!

·
Registered
16,174 Posts
Jr what type of set up do you shoot. and what is the speed you hve the set at? I chrono'd mine at 241 but the down range speed according to the charts says 214, which is what you supposed to use. This is what screws me up. Then when I want to try a different weight broadhead you have to re calibrate for the speed, same as whaen I turn up the weight of the bow. Just setting up this new switchback and I want it pefect. Just hate to keep spending money on things to try, things I have and what I want. Now I'm going to spend some cash on mechanical's since I heard some good things about them. huh, Decisions, decisions. Thanks for your reply.

·
Registered
13,448 Posts
I'm shooting 58 lb draw on a Mathews ultra lite bow . with 2213 xx78 arrows.100 grain thunderheads.I aim right on out to 25 yards . I aim a little high at 30 yards. Although I rarely shoot at deer at 30 yards.Most shots are inside 20 yards.I'm not sure what speed my arrow are at. I had it chrono'd 5 years ago and can't remember the speed.

·
Registered
502 Posts
i have a keller now, really like it, but was thinking about the trophy ridge pendulim for this season only because of the fiberoptic sight. the keller has a white dot that is sometimes hard to pick up thru the peep, i painted it flo yellow, but still hard to find at times. the fiber optic glows nicely, and for low light conditions they have a small red light you can turn on to illumante (i know i spelled that wrong) the sight

1 - 17 of 17 Posts