New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
5,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind of fishing do you guys prefer to do (saltwater that is) Im curious because I hear alot of people say they love fluke and sea bass fishing but hate striper and other types of fishing. What about you guys?

Myself I prefer Fluke, followed by Stripers. ;)

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Honestly.. Just being out on the water. But for real the bigger the fight the better.I love to fluke and also love striper fishing.Shark fishing ranks up there but alot of down time wile sharking.

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
When I fished almost every weekend from April until December down in Barnegat Bay and outside of Barnegat Inlet, here is what I preferred:

1. Trolling for blues in early May in Barnegat Bay along Waretown and Forked Riiver. Squid spoons just under the surface. Great tasting blues. All about 4 pounds or less. Saved lots for crab bait for the summer.

2. Drifting for fluke in Oyster Creek channel or some hot holes in Double Creek. Also up along the north jetty and outside to the bathing beach. Good fluking back int he day.

3. Weaks in Barnegat Bay in August and some striper fishing in Barnegat Bay and the inlet right before dusk and a few hours into dark.

Preferred fluke, then weaks and then bluefish. Stripers were always a bonus but hard to catch the right size for being a keeper.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
I like bowfishing, especially since i was in the boat when Sugar took the current stste record. Shooting 25-30# fish and watching them explode when they take off is exciting. Plus I love the commaradery of telling Sugar, what a much better shot I am than he is, especially when my streak is longer than his without a miss streak!

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Anything in the bay. But then again, thats cause Ive never fished offshore before. I also love crabbing, but man its been awhile.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Stripers all the way!!! Just cant get enough of em..lol...then id say fluke followed by some jumbo blues nailin surface plugs...for freshwater...walleye/hybrids and pike...followed by lakers and browns

1 - 12 of 12 Posts