New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone here been visited by CO;S or local LEO;S to check deer that have been called in. ? just wondering.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
I don't even save the heads, if you ask me that is frigging unsanitary and I will tell them that. I'm not keeping a rotting head in my house for my g/f or some else to find and call the police on me.

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
I don't even save the heads, if you ask me that is frigging unsanitary and I will tell them that. I'm not keeping a rotting head in my house for my g/f or some else to find and call the police on me.
Throw it in the freezer in a trash bag, heck put it under a bucket with a brick on it. Doesn't matter how you do it but it's not hard one bit and the only guy I know the complains about it locally also was caught shooting a buck without his doe tag filled during eab.

Nothing wrong about them being able to check it especially during eab when. Guys tag bucks same day as their doe.

·
Registered
14,076 Posts
Never been checked and I don't see the point. Last garbage bag leaked blood in the freezer, just extra work to clean up for a dumb law. NJ laws are setup to reduce the deer population so why does it matter other than to appease whiny gun only hunters who would shoot the protected bucks once they become shedheads in 3 pt zones like zone 13. Its the paranoia law, the bowhunter vs. gun hunter jealousy blame game. It's the Obama I didn't get my fair share cry because the other guy shot my deer. The same guy that poaches is not going to follow any law so who are you kidding with this ridiculous save the head. Maybe we should mail the head to fish & game and see how they like it. Do you know how many deer are struck by cars and die off the road and never counted, what a joke this law is.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts