New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why does the site not have a post just for stuff being stolen? Yes we all know it happens but if it is happening in one zone or area a lot maybe as an online group we can catch those responsible for it. No one likes to have their stuff stolen and it really stinks when you plan a hunt, like i did today with my 8 year old son and get to your ground blind you've had set up since early September in thunder gut, and walk all the way back in to find it is gone and to see the disappointment on his face that the hunt is over for him today. I know I am a new member here but maybe it would help. Just a thought.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
don't even go there man...if you don't leave your crap in the woods people wont take your crap. do some research on past forum talks about this. just my opion on this matter

·
Registered
9,869 Posts
Its pretty bad when you cant even take your kid hunting with out someone ruining it . You would think no one would mess with your stuff. Unfortunately,Nj hunting is in the toilet. I feel bad for your son

·
Registered
531 Posts
Stuff goes missing all the time it sucks. I went to check a camera with my kid this year to find it gone she is six and didn't grasp the whole thing but I was pissed upset and felt violated. After a few choice words on the way out we found a beach ball in the creek that had gotten washed down stream after making it back to the house she put the whole thing into view for me. I was still upset and she asked what was wrong after explaining the whole thing again. She said at least we got a beach ball. Its nice to know a child can still see the bright side of a shitty situation

·
Registered
17,891 Posts
I hunted public land for 20 years and never touched any of the hundreds of stands, blinds, climbing sticks or cameras. You know why? Because my mommy told me "if it's not yours, leave it alone". Lots of motherless bastards running around the woods I guess.
Last week I set up a spot for my buddy. My son who just turned 4 asked me about the camera I was hanging up. He asked "what if somebody takes it daddy?". I asked him "do you think somebody is gonna take it?". And this child looked at me and said; " I hope not daddy, taking other peoples stuff is not nice"
i can't believe how many grown ass men are dumber than a 4 year old. Motherless a**holes.

·
Registered
12,826 Posts
I hope I dont get banned for saying a bad word ..it makes me sick though

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
That sucks man! A few years back I had my fathers bow case sitting next to my truck while he was sitting in it warming up. Some jerk stopped and was going to lift it while Pop was sitting there!

·
Registered
6,890 Posts
Sorry to hear but it's typical for just about all WMA's in this area. A lot of very nasty, territorial, thieving people who call themselves hunters around there.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
To catch a theif , set up misc , stands everywhere , with a circle of hunter orange to mark what stand it is , loosen bolts on platforms , and when the theif breaks his back from the fall , you just caught a theif

·
Registered
6 Posts
Too bad we cant hunt those thievin bastards!!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
well i wasn't trying to start a whole thread on people stealing stuff i know they do it and i had scouted the area to make sure I hadn't set up right under someone's tree stand. Everything was good till shotgun week then poof it was gone. I was just wondering why they can't just start a thread just for Theft. Maybe someone saw something or someone leaving with someone's stuff. Just trying to help out.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
To catch a theif , set up misc , stands everywhere , with a circle of hunter orange to mark what stand it is , loosen bolts on platforms , and when the theif breaks his back from the fall , you just caught a theif
Its not like you'd feel bad when you do something stupid like that & maim some young hunter or dude who uses yr stand for life so why not set booby traps? Point is some knucklehead might follow your suggestion.....

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
I never understood the people that actually blame the victims for their stuff getting stolen.. saying stuff like "what did you expect" or "its your fault for leaving it there" REALLY?? How about blaming the white trash no good SCUM BAG that STOLE the stuff??????????

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
I never understood the people that actually blame the victims for their stuff getting stolen.. saying stuff like "what did you expect" or "its your fault for leaving it there" REALLY?? How about blaming the white trash no good SCUM BAG that STOLE the stuff??????????
Cause you don't know who did it , you know it happens all the time, & the only thing under your control is whether or not you choose to take the risk some weasel will heist your crap. Would you leave your wallet laying around a crowded place saying its not your fault it got robbed , its the thief's fault. Course it is but you still decided to take the chance& got burned

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Cause you don't know who did it , you know it happens all the time, & the only thing under your control is whether or not you choose to take the risk some weasel will heist your crap. Would you leave your wallet laying around a crowded place saying its not your fault it got robbed , its the thief's fault. Course it is but you still decided to take the chance& got burned
Your missing my point. All I'm saying is it's not fair to blame the victim. Blame the scum bag thief. Thats it...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts