New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow talk about ultra ultra light. Its got a spring bober built into the tip of the rod. I just picked up 2 at East Link along with a couple of jigs and a grub box.. I'll be on the ice soon. Those perch and crappies dont stand a chance...

·
Registered
957 Posts
SRB
Sorry to tell you I had I say had one & four of my friends had them to. The spring freezes up very fast to the point you can feel nothing & the line can break or get stuck . However, if you get a day where the temperature is above 32 they work great you can feel the fish very good.

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmmmm, then what do you suggest for those finiky fish in colder weather Shawnm?

·
Registered
957 Posts
Don't get me wrong they do work but they freeze up fast. Last year in Feb I ripped it off & put on a new bigger eye on. I just keep on try to get them to bite but. I do have a Vexilar fish finder & Aqua-Vu Scout system. So I do have the upper hand :D

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
SRB,

Just make sure you have a few swedish pimples in your arsenal of of jigs. They're deadly!

Don't mean to burst your bubble, but Shawn is right, those spring tips do tend to freeze quickly if it's cold. Keep a litte can of WD-40 handy, and spray the spring every once in a while, it helps with the icing up.

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the tips guys.. I will keep some WD40 on hand..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts