New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
what if the hunter thought he was allowed to take two??
Ignorance is not an excuse for braking the law [wallmad]

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Rightfully so, but it doesnt mean this hunter should be so harshly scrutinized.
Yes it does! If he doesnt know the law he has no business being in the field. We all need to abide by the laws in place. We have to fight for everything just to keep what we have. We don't need any more black eyes. People need to be accountable for their actions and pay the price for their own ignorance. Sorry I really disagree, if I screw up weather I knew the law or not I am fully prepaired to pay the price. It is our responsability to know the laws before heading in to the field.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Guys, IF he did what is stated then he deserves what he gets BUT hell I would rather we GET the TRUTH first. We have at best 2nd hand info on an offense that MAY have occurred and the guy is hung and lynched already.

·
Premium Member
14,409 Posts
Guys, IF he did what is stated then he deserves what he gets BUT hell I would rather we GET the TRUTH first. We have at best 2nd hand info on an offense that MAY have occurred and the guy is hung and lynched already.
OH COME ON NOW these guys JUST found all of the pitchforks and got the torches lit and someone else has a ROPE and Mr.Wet blanket wants to stand around waiting on "All of the facts" screw him I'm going to go get a bloodhound while the mob is still in an ugly mood times a wastin boys string him up!!![rofl]

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Could of been an accident...Maybe the pattern on his shotgun spread out alittle to much...it only takes one pellet to the head on these birds

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
I don't think it is right to be so quick to judge without all the info.Maybe the hunter in question make a simple mistake and dropped two birds with one shot and did not want leave one to go to waste.Maybe he intended to break the law and mabe he did not.No one is perfect,even a vetern turkey hunters make mistakes sometimes.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
well it is NJ, you're guilty until proven innocent.. if it was a honest mistake then thats too bad for the guy.. but with that said, understanding the laws and rules are a must. there is no excuse, no matter how convoluted the rules may be sometimes..
I tend to play it safe, if Im not sure then I take more of a conservative approach.

If this is a responsible hunter who just made an honest mistake then I do feel bad, but rules are rules..

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
OH COME ON NOW these guys JUST found all of the pitchforks and got the torches lit and someone else has a ROPE and Mr.Wet blanket wants to stand around waiting on "All of the facts" screw him I'm going to go get a bloodhound while the mob is still in an ugly mood times a wastin boys string him up!!!
[rofl][rofl][rofl]
Wait....wait.....how about these...."the law is the law....unless I am breaking it" or better still PAGE 2,00,051 OF THE GAME LAWS SAYS THAT YOU CAN ONLY SHOOT ONE TURKEY PER DAY - HE BROKE THE LAW [hihi][hihi]

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.