New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
through a good friend and hunting buddy. i just obtained permission for 2 - 50 acre lots out in whiting off of route 530
now im told we are the only ones with permission to hunt out there on the pieces but the clubs i was told love to push the pieces. i was planning on hunting it for 6 day to get a feel for the property but dont have time to post the property yet. i was also told if i catch anyone on the property to kick them off and call the game warden. i also havent had a chance to get out there to even scout due to school and just getting permission 2 days ago lol.

i planned on hunting out of my climber at a different spot each day to get a feel for the lots. is this a smart idea.
also does anyone hunt out there that knows what type of hunting pressure is out there and if you have private property do you get alot of tresspasers and problems from the clubs driving your property.
i dont like being an asshole but i was told by the landowner to kick anyone caught on the property off and i plan to. also hows the deer herd out in that area since im more or less going in blind.

i'm more of a bowhunter but do pull out the guns every once and awhile. im also sitting on this property 6 day because i feel this is the best chance to catch the guys i was told tresspass on the property to get them off. any advise on how to approach this would be appreciated
thanks in advance again for any info and good luck next weeks hunt

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
also the lots are adjacent to each other. with a small strip in between them that used to be a road

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
go scout it this weekend if the tresspassers are there monday they may be scouting, baiting, hanging stands this weekend. post some posted signs where you see tire tracks. put the land owners name and # in your cell. get the wardens # and keep that in there as well.
if your going to challenge anybody you best to have the maps on you. especially if you get warden involved.

its sounds like you were given permission to be the land owners "police" for buck week.
good luck with that.

as for the area im not near it so cant comment on land/deer.

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
Time will tell. Sounds like you just got great new places to hunt. Congratulations. If you can get thru there at all Saturday it would be nice to just scout around a bit. Find some intersecting trails, rut sign will still be fresh ( rubs and scrapes ), natural funnells etc. I would find a good looking spot and stick it out, instead of jumping all around but that's just me. Good luck and let us know how it turns out. [up][up][up]

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
its sounds like you were given permission to be the land owners "police" for buck week.
good luck with that.
lol not at all was given permission to hunt whenever just thought buck week would be the best time to catch people tresspassing as well as a place to hunt. was planning on hunting another piece i have but this place is bigger and want to see whats on it and what type of crap ill be dealing with. if it holds alot of good bucks like my bow hunting only pieces ill be excited also want to take a new hunter out with me in hopes of getting his first deer with the gun. trying to get him into bowhunting but one step at a time.
Time will tell. Sounds like you just got great new places to hunt. Congratulations. If you can get thru there at all Saturday it would be nice to just scout around a bit. Find some intersecting trails, rut sign will still be fresh ( rubs and scrapes ), natural funnells etc. I would find a good looking spot and stick it out, instead of jumping all around but that's just me. Good luck and let us know how it turns out.
thank you again for your support, i usually put quite alot of time into my scouting and will scout this property hard but, dont have the time before 6day to do it with school and work. im going to look for the funnels and hunt them.
i just thought maybe jumping around would help me figure out where people are sneaking in etc.

·
Registered
505 Posts
There is a decent herd out in Whiting.Depending where its located.There is a lot of dear near the retirement villages and the residential neighborhoods.There is also a lot of state land in the form of WMA s that get driven during 6 day.If you can,go out this weekend and get a feel for the property and find a spot.Good luck. [up][up]I will be in state land;)

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
lol not at all was given permission to hunt whenever just thought buck week would be the best time to catch people tresspassing as well as a place to hunt. was planning on hunting another piece i have but this place is bigger and want to see whats on it and what type of crap ill be dealing with. if it holds alot of good bucks like my bow hunting only pieces ill be excited also want to take a new hunter out with me in hopes of getting his first deer with the gun. trying to get him into bowhunting but one step at a time.
sorry if i came off as azzhole. i am but thats besides the point. :D

get some maps (do that now) and look for thick stuff. if deer are in there and clubs do go thru thats where the deer will go. i'd definitely spend some time this weekend posting the property. that may deter some people from entering. you may find some stands/blinds...leave a note with name/number tell them they have to get there gear out now or it will be removed. or take there gear and leave number and tell to call you if they want there gear back.

good luck in getting your friend on a deer. [up]

Nick

·
Registered
8,512 Posts
It's a good area just watch out for jogging old men [hihi]

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've heard hooknhoof and park rod and gun push it ... I guess ill be expecting the clubs Monday... This should be interesting some of these clubs I've dealt with before weren't that pleasant lol ... Maybe I should find back up for monday

·
Registered
163 Posts
POST POST POST as halfassed or what ever to keep as many clubs off..... I was in a club from whiting for 20 years and we did observe posted signs and gave deer to guys that shot on our drives butt.... Post roads as much as you can or you will be upset come Monday.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Got the written permission getting it updated by owner to be able to kick ppl off the property.. was told to get that
Wish I had time to post but really don't I work 48+ hours a week plus full time student... Hopefully will get it posted sometime next week on vacation. I'll just ask anyone who trespasses to leave until I post it

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
put up a sign saying "all trespassers will have to see the dentist" you will never see them again!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts