New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just read oneshotkills' post regarding Corzine's speaking out agains the Thune amendment that would allow reciprocal concealed carry.

I asked what Chris Christie's view was on NJ's gun laws, specifically concealed carry. The representative assertively stated that Christie believes that NJ's laws are fine as is, and does not support any changes to them.

[mad]

·
Registered
6,592 Posts
We should all call and ask specifically if this national reciprocity bill becomes law , will he accept it as law or go out of his way to file a suit like corslime.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Hence the reason I voted for lonegan in the first place. No offence to anyone on here that is a lawyer, but i don't trust them.we got Obama and now most likely Cristi I think we may be very well doomed. well we will be doomed regardless due to the fact that the choices are corslime or christi.Never ever trust a lawyer running in politics UNLESS you know for a fact what they are up to and what they want.

·
Registered
14,824 Posts
"I believe that each state should have the right to make firearms laws as they see fit. And I don't believe it's right for the federal government to get into the middle of this and decide firearms laws for the people of the state of New Jersey," Christie said at a campaign stop in Hamilton Township .
I wonder what other rights Christie and Corzine think NJ residents are not entitled to...

·
Registered
6,592 Posts
Quote:
"I believe that each state should have the right to make firearms laws as they see fit. And I don't believe it's right for the federal government to get into the middle of this and decide firearms laws for the people of the state of New Jersey," Christie said at a campaign stop in Hamilton Township .

I wonder what other rights Christie and Corzine think NJ residents are not entitled to...

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
All the more reason I hpe it paaes through tacked on to this other bill and then it will be out of his hands and then tough $h!t for both of them.
I second that[up] I will be first in line for it.

·
Registered
9,748 Posts
I asked the same thing and they said the same thing. Whatever, he's got to be better than this idiot!

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
He's got this backwards. The constitution gives states the power to make laws that cover anything the constitution doesn't. I think we all know what the constitution says about guns.

States should be able to make decisions on things not covered by the constitution, for example, speed limits, abortion, things like that.

I'm a little disappointed that he feels firearms laws are a "states' rights" issue. The constitution gives us the right to keep and bear arms. period. States need not interfere with that.

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
We have got bigger problems, the next Supreme Court Justice Sotomayor does not believe the 2nd ammendment applies to states and local community goverments. She believes they should be able to make their own rules regarding firearms, and she is about as left as they get.

What she's basically saying is that your hometown can decide to suppress your Second Amendment freedoms.

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
MikeC is right. We ARE a small minority in ths state. NJ is already a culture set in their nanny-state ways that is not geared to embrace a culture of armed citizens. The politicians and their infrastructure will never go through the trouble to prepare for such. And as I've noted before, the Superintendent of State Police and the Association of Chiefs of Police in NJ are dead-set against armed citizens. Without their buy-in, this is going nowhere.

We already tolerate additional background checks by the NJSP in addition to the Federal NICS, and we tolerate inexplicbly long wait turnaround times. Over the years I've seen an erosion of our rights at every turn. Once taken away, they never come back.

Lonegan was for an armed citizen. Christie is not.

·
Registered
4,402 Posts
Hey, I commend you for taking the effort and making that call, I certainly haven't. But over the last few days I have read thread after thread about different issues with Christie and NONE of them hold any water, yet.

Not saying what you heard wasn't true, but I'm so tired of hundreds of speculative threads not only in politics.

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
The only thing Christie has stated is that we don't need any more gun laws in NJ. Even what he says in this video is somewhat unconvincing, for he looks a bit uncomfortable in his delivery:

There is nothing on his website that addresses gun rights. It will remain status quo in my opinion. Maybe in his second term, but that will be a stretch.
http://www.christiefornj.com/

Some blogs:
http://blogs.app.com/capitolquickies/2009/06/09/corzines-first-ads/#more-3057

http://cemeterysgunblob.com/2009/06/10/chris-christie-nra-shill/

In the mid-90’s, it was cool to be anti-gun when that was the climate. I guess leopards can change their spots (two old Christie mailers):

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
although I don't support Christie's view that NJ gun laws are "fine as is" and his slogan of "no new gun laws" when it applies to a loosening of the reins on gun owners, I do believe it is quite apparent that he is a much better all around candidate than Jon Corzine. it is for that reason that Christie is getting my vote[up]

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.