New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in the shower when I found a tick buried into my side just above my waist, I got it out. But to play it safe I will goto the doctor today, but my doctor isn't in, so I will have to call my insurance company, let them send me somewhere

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just called my insurance comapny, no one till 8 am, so I will call back then

·
Registered
9,467 Posts
Most Dr. will tell you that they have to be imbedded for 24 hrs. min. for Lymes.
But better safe than sorry.
The test the give for Lymes is said to be only 60% reliable. So most Dr. just slap you with a heavy dose of antibiotics for 30 days to be safe. Usually some strong SH*T to .

·
Registered
507 Posts
Haha... Don't rush heading off to a Dr. Just make an appt for when you can. Nothing they can do this early in the stage anyways....

·
Registered
9,467 Posts
Oh, you'll p [no swearing please] the " piss " test , but you may not p [no swearing please] many bathrooms. In some people ( me included ) large doses of antibiotics cause " loose " bowels.

In plain language " the SH*TS " :eek::eek:

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Sorry Joe, hope it aint a lyme tick. it's a shame we as hunters and outdoors people have to deal with an insect that has the potential to kill us. whats next?[mad]

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My doctor isn't in, but he called me at home....He said screw seeing a doctor today, he is calling the pharmacy for me for medication, tomorrow I will call his office and get a blood test....Thats a cool Doc[up]

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just took my 1st pill, he has me on 100mg of DOXYCYCLINE

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Hey JJ it's not that bad if caught early, I've had Lyme for 10 yrs and I'm still climbing that mountain to hunt.. actually if left untreated it can do a number on you[down].the tests are very unreliable, took several b/4 they found it...

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I got the meds, and took my 1st pill this afternoon

·
Registered
16,174 Posts
I just took my 1st pill, he has me on 100mg of DOXYCYCLINE
I had ticks removed twice and that's what they gave me. I think you have to wait a week - 10 days before you can get a blood test, but as long as you finish the medication you should be alright.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I totally forgot to call my doctor today, to get a blood test done, he just called me, told me to come down in 1 hr. so thats what I will do.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
A friend of mine just got it..sucks...I found a real small tick on one of my arrow feathers this morning. It looked like a speck of dirt. I went right home and threw all my clothes in the dryer. cant take any chances.

·
Registered
607 Posts
On the 1st day of extended bow I did a drive for a buddy of mine and came out with 11 ticks on me. Mostly on my clothes. I thought I got them all off but when I got home my wife found one burried in me.

I usually get one a year but I don't really worry because my doc told me a few years back that the tick needs to be embeded for a minimum of 24 hrs to contract lymes.

I usually have my wife give me the once over when I get home from hunting and if I'm in an area that I know usually has ticks or I see one myself I have her really look me over. Sometimes I tell her she looks like a monkey picking bugs off another monkey. :D

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
Hockey, head to the doc and get some meds...I got lyme earlier this year. but it seems as though i caught it in time.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts