New Jersey Hunters banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
I was thinking about doing this. Is bowhunting allowed (subject to safety zones, etc.) on private land throughout NJ? Or is this a township by township deal....

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I think you have to review the towns ordinance if they have a no discharge ordinance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
Congrats on getting your own personal piece of land, as my father always says, buy land cuz there not making any more of it ha. It couldn't be more true that the size of the land doesn't matter. I bought the house my father built and I grew up in from my parents right b4 I got married. I have 3.7 acres. My little chunk of land, with a little tweaking is a honey hole. I have an impenetrable thicket / field that's about an acre and a half, I never ever go in there , right behind it is a swamp and it's adjacent to an oak flat. Every year I have multiole.does drop fawn in the thicket and I have planted some food, had the few apple trees that have always been here trimmed correctly a few years back so they drop tons of nice big apples and then of course themail acorns and a lil supplemental feeding. The key to small pieces is the least amount to of intrusionas possible and having food and cover of course. Every year I have several mature does drop fawns, theyou all hang around all summer and fall,once this time of year comes around , like clockwork work every single years, the cam shows a parade of different bucks that are constantly causing through looking for does. I have mock scrapes strategically places which have proven lethal time and time again. I do have access to my neighbors land next door and the guy next to him as well, all they want is some.venison and for me to keep an eye on there land so that adds about 15 or so acres which is obviously helpful but not needed if I didn't have access to it. Moral.of the story is you can do a lot with a little. Best of luck and congrats.

Reactions: Big Joe NJ
41 - 43 of 43 Posts