New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally bought a piece of land to privately hunt on. I set up 2 PVC feeders and am going through 50 pounds of corn a week. Its swampy as all heck but it should be a really fun season if the trend continues. I sat in my stand for about 25 minutes Sunday night and had a nice doe come up to within 20 yards even though I was working all day and stunk to high heaven. I got tired of competing for hunting locations, so now I own my own. Plus I have a decent amount of rabbits, squirrels and turkeys that pass through.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2.5 which is more than enough for bow hunting plus the DEP owns adjacent area so it won't be built on ever. I've trecked the woods and have not seen any stands in the general area. Plus now Sunday's are available to hunt without being on a WMA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
735 Posts
Thats what iam talking about, my search still continues for that piece that is jusssst right. Good luck. Start cutting you paths to the stands now. So you can sneak in, nice and quiet like.

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
ALREADY HAVE DEER HITTING MY FEEDERS HARD

I don't think that they are deer. Probably Nj Pine Dogs.[lol]

Good for you on doing your homework! Best of luck with your new land.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Good luck with your new location. Our cabin is right down the street. Those Piney deer (and Turkeys, Squirrels, Birds, etc.) love good food! Ed.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks everyone, definitely deer I have feeding I find deer almost 1/3 of the time I check it out and it's not one deer its duplicates. The most I popped up was 4 and that was during the day. It appears they are bedding there and using the game trails. The previous owner left their ladder stand so I never bothered to take it down lol

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I bought it due to scouting it in the process of purchasing. When 3 deers start running when u meet the owner u develop a warm fuzzy feeling. Plus there was about 3 turkeys there on site that day.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Congrats. I would suggest not sitting stands now unless you are planning on moving them. Let the cams do the scouting...
That stand has been there for the last 5 years, year round. Rest rapped and reclaimed ready to go. It's beautiful 5 years without a year round stand getting stolen is a wonderful thing to behold. More money for toys instead of gear is the way I look at it.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That stand has been there for the last 5 years, year round. Rest rapped and reclaimed ready to go. It's beautiful 5 years without a year round stand getting stolen is a wonderful thing to behold. More money for toys instead of gear is the way I look at it.

Don't know what the middle sentence is, been drinking with a buddy fixing his truck made a typo somewhere lol

1 - 20 of 43 Posts