New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just got back from a week long rifle deer hunt in Saskatchewan Canada last night. It was a long week of thirteen hour days in a ground blind waiting for one of three 160 plus slammers that were on the trail camera every night who would not make a daylight appearance. A full moon and very warm weather for the first week of November in Canada made the big boys nocturnal. Finally took a decent buck on my fourth day in the blind. This buck is a nine point who had an on the hoof body weight of about 300 pounds. Huge body weight deer up there. While I wish I could have had a shot at one of the big boys who would only visit my bait sight at night, I am still very happy with this nice looking buck. Can’t wait to go back up north but will be looking forward to using my bow. I will be back in a tree this afternoon looking for my number two hit lister since my son Chris took our number one hit lister on the same day as I took my buck up in Canada. I had a great time and I am very proud of him for taking such a great New Jersey buck!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.