New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know, I know, it's my own fault for putting the camera out on public land. Camera and card got stolen. My ground blind and chair didn't. The camera was a POS anyhow but still doesn't make it right. I hope the person got some nice pictures of bears, since that's all that's really at this one spot. Just makes me want to hunt there more now.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
I know, I know, it's my own fault for putting the camera out on public land. Camera and card got stolen. My ground blind and chair didn't. The camera was a POS anyhow but still doesn't make it right. I hope the person got some nice pictures of bears, since that's all that's really at this one spot. Just makes me want to hunt there more now.
Sounds like you have something else to hunt now

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Shame. I don't know if it was my luck or not but when I hunted public land down in south jersey, nobody ever touched my stuff. I wasn't that deep in either. Right off the road easily found. Its a real bummer hearing all these posts about hunting gear being stolen.

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
It is possible that a bear took it. I had one get ripped off a tree , but it just was laying at the base of the tree. now I use that only that cam for bears in a steel lockbox, lagged to the tree, as the cam does not have the strap mounts on it anymore. The bear also bit a hole in the IR lens, but it still works.

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I thought maybe bear but I walked a good amount of the surrounding area and didn't see a thing.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Sorry to hear that man. I just had one stolen also. I had to start from scratch and cone up with a new game plan where to hunt. Try and catch him by using your wits and expose him!!

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
sorry Christine! I have 4,never used one till my buddy loaned me one,he's a couch hunting show potatoe, and I set it up in woods in the middle of 3 joining highways.What a blast,this is fun.I haven't put a one out this year.Why? well for one,your post,second I realized I was littering my mind with technology I never had and beginning to lose my gut natural hunting focus.

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The worst part is, I just want to shoot does at this spot. I'm meat hunting and maybe get a backup bear spot set up. I don't need the camera, it was here all summer I know what's here.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
unfortunately jersey real.[cry].I'm partly jealouse but very happy for you tom,you worked/work hard for your dream of a better/safer/secure personal enjoyment of what we/most persure's of the American whitetail dream about.That said after all your/[n neighbors labor].It's time to put up or shut up,respectfully typed,it's your time!Looking forward to pics of your fruit's of your labor,sincerley!bob

·
Registered
9,869 Posts
unfortunately jersey real.[cry].I'm partly jealouse but very happy for you tom,you worked/work hard for your dream of a better/safer/secure personal enjoyment of what we/most persure's of the American whitetail dream about.That said after all your/[n neighbors labor].It's time to put up or shut up,respectfully typed,it's your time!Looking forward to pics of your fruit's of your labor,sincerley!bob
So I don't hijack a thread hunter bob, I sent you a pm

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.