New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
why do they sell crossbows with a Scope ? Why not use a rear Peep and a front post sight.
If what everybody is saying that they are only a 40 yard weapon , than why put a scope on it ?

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
why not [hihi]
we dont need any more drama about the crossbows ,but i bet atleast one reply post will be what you like[lol]

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
there not scopes . its not magnified
Just checked on BassPro Their Crossbows all have a 4 x 32 power scope

the anwser to that is simple no where to put one it dont have a barrel it has a shooting rail
Why could you not put a rear peep and a front post ? the front post could be mounted to the side of the stock ahead of the Bow then come up and over to line up withe the rail

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
where would you put a rear peep when cocked the strig comes all the way back past the comb have you ever seen the way the scope rails are they are way back and high

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
WHAT RAIL THE SCOPS RAIL no good you know how high up you would have to come with the foward one then just to give you an idea my scope sit 5 inches off my shooting rail and way back aft theres zero eye relife almost

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just asking wondering why you would need a 4 powered scope. when I have been shooting a bow for years out to 40 yards.

p.s = no scope

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
i shoot mine at 60 all the time the little power in the optics is nice. Keep in mind i would never take a shot at a deer out past 30 you cant it's nuts to even try and i am shooting a S/F thats one of the faster xbows out there x bows are to loud out past 30 thell jump the string 8 out of ten time i would think 40 forget about it

·
Registered
5,875 Posts
Crossbows used to come with the peep and pin, some still do. Scopes are preferred by many and since that is what the market bears that is the way they come. Why do most rifles come without open sights? The same reason. As technology increases and trends develop the equipment will change to meet those trends. It is much easier to aim a crossbow with a 3 or 4x scope than a peep and pin set up especially in low light.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
i dont think so the law was that you could not use any sight that cast light on any weapon i could be wrong on thisthat was a long time ago

1 - 20 of 22 Posts