New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
6,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that the season is over what are your thoughts? Would you be in favor of increasing pressure on both does and bucks in NJ or would you be in favor of reducing pressure on the deer herd?

If you think we should increase pressure please explain why, and same for if think it should be reduced.

·
Registered
17,902 Posts
" If I could put you in a nicer car with a smaller payment would you be interested in signing today?"

Geez you're not leading with your question are you?

·
Registered
6,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds just like every other F&W survey huh. [rofl]

Okay, I took a few words out, better for you now? Do want to answer it, or pick it apart?

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Fish and Game base their science on money and how to maximize it! They once were the best department in the country, now their policies and codes are a joke, becaues it's all about how we can get more money out of them! They realize that the politician are waiting for them to enact a salt water fishing license, so they can grab more money out of the hunters and angler funds! How many sportsmen groups support a SW License? Only those in lock step with the division!!! Responsible organizations will support a SW License ONLY if they can promise that 100% of the monies is used for Marine Fisheries and nothing else! BTW the farmers run deer management, that's why they issue so many farmer permits! Biologist should manage the deer, not the division's wallet!

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I think that you will get different opinions from each zone.
I'm in zone 12 and I've seen more Bucks then Does this year.
We will need to take out some of the smaller Bucks next year.

·
Registered
17,902 Posts
Biologist should manage the deer, not the division's wallet!
Why is there point restritions then/ Why is the whole state not open for fall turkey? Why is there not a Bobact trapping permit? Why did they close quail season? Why is there not another 365 permit yote tag? Why are does unlimited in zones & not 1 per permit?

I dont agree with a lot of the seasons & bag limits but your statement is based of your opinion & no facts.

·
Registered
6,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pick it apart....

Stop beating around the bush & ask your question...
Actually, I did ask my question. You know where I stand on it, which is probably what you are reading into the question. I just want to know what others think, after this season.

I think that you will get different opinions from each zone.
That is why I asked to explain, because I think it will vary, depending on what part of the state you hunt.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Fish and Game base their science on money and how to maximize it! They once were the best department in the country, now their policies and codes are a joke, becaues it's all about how we can get more money out of them! They realize that the politician are waiting for them to enact a salt water fishing license, so they can grab more money out of the hunters and angler funds! How many sportsmen groups support a SW License? Only those in lock step with the division!!! Responsible organizations will support a SW License ONLY if they can promise that 100% of the monies is used for Marine Fisheries and nothing else! BTW the farmers run deer management, that's why they issue so many farmer permits! Biologist should manage the deer, not the division's wallet!
typical UBNJ response

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Why is there 66 deer zones? You think it's because they want to manage deer + or - in each zone or because they can sell 4 permits to some sap that has 4 properties in 4 zones and farmer permits that indiscriminatley shoot deer in areas where their no problems with hunter access. You ask the majority of hunters if they are satisfied with the quality of hunting in this state or if they agree lock step with the F & G Council and the division like you do if they think the deer herd and that was all that this is about DEER! if they're 100% happy! Let the people talk and see what they say!!!!

·
Registered
17,902 Posts
if they're 100% happy
so is the F&G's goal to make everybody happy or manage deer?

This sounds like nothing more then a pledge drive by driving the wedge between "us" & "them".

·
Registered
13,319 Posts
I'm in zone 12 and I've seen more Bucks then Does this year.
We will need to take out some of the smaller Bucks next year.
Congrats....that's the most ridiculous post/excuse I've ever read on NJH....[confusedagain]

·
Registered
6,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Really? Who , in their right mind< would want to add more pressure to the deer they are hunting?
Actually, I've seen several posters on here, mostly from North Jersey, say there are still far too many deer. I'm curious how wide-spread that opinion is, or if across much of the State conditions are as I see them.

Thought I would start a post season discussion on deer hunting in NJ, on a hunting website but I guess you would rather go back to the soap opera stuff like 8 pages of bashing a guy who accidently left his gun at the range, or any of the other silly things people post here because they have nothing better to do.

What's your issue today?

·
Registered
21,476 Posts
typical UBNJ response
another typical off topic comment from a UBNJ basher [down]

Not for nothing but were exactly was UBNJ stamped in Jack's response, or is he not entitled to his own opinion about the things that effect were he hunts just because he belongs to UBNJ [eyeroll]

Oh and by the way I totally agree with Jack and it has nothing to do with UBNJ but everything to do with NJF&G since THEY are the ones who set hunting; policies, seasons, and bag limits.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
F & G need to listen to the people who have eyes in the field, they don't they listen to Farmers and select hunting groups who march in lock step with them. But even then, they do what they want!

It's Saturday, RD as usual all my conversations with you are titilating, however I dion't wish to waste my day answering you, so if you don't mind! Ciao!!!!

·
Registered
17,902 Posts
It's Saturday, RD as usual all my conversations with you are titilating, however I dion't wish to waste my day answering you, so if you don't mind! Ciao!!!!
Ill take that as " you're right". Good day.

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
my thoughts are
cut the buck havest in half. one with a bow, one with a muzzy, one with a shotgun.
stop the 4 1/2 months of unlimited does.
those properties with a doe problem can get a farmer/beaver type permit. site specific.
pull any public land out of the 4 1/2 month doe slaughter. you cannot manage public and private with the same rules.
keep the buck tag BS, but it will only apply to bow and muzzy.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts