New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the time of year when I really start getting excited for the deer season! I really can't wait. I wish everyone here the best NJ bow season they have ever had and based on what I've been seeing this could be the best Jersey big buck harvest ever. To the young hunters and new hunters practice practice practice. Not only that but rehearse your shot in your mind sit in your stand imagine your target deer walking into bow range drawing and shooting. Often bucks get the best of us. The best way to deal with buck fever I have found is to go back to a memory from your childhood or earlier life when you had to perform and were successful. For me I use baseball and football. Performing in the clutch is very similar to the feeling you get when Mr. Big walks in. Don't choke. Practice rehearse practice rehearse in your mind.......

·
Registered
4,759 Posts
can't wait[up]

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
im counting the hrs allready[up] [wallmad]

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can taste fresh back straps and melted butter already! [tasty]

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
Breath and remember the curtain of calm . . . :)

·
Registered
172 Posts
This is my first fall bow season for NJ, and very excited. Just don't know how I will like hunting in 80 degree temps, not use to that. I did hunt last year winter bow and it was cold!

Question: Can you take an antler deer right after you shoot a anterless in fall bow or you have to wait for to Oct 1 - 30.

Good luck

·
Registered
17,891 Posts
Can you take an antler deer right after you shoot a anterless in fall bow
Yes. You can shoot a doe on opening day, check it in, then shoot a buck that same day (earn a buck).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts