New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As of 10:30 am the vote was unanmous for the inclusion of crossbows this fall for all bow. Seasons and all ages. Yahooo

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
Ex.....thanks for the info....I know everyone does not think it's a good idea....but I'm happy about it...let's hope it does not turn into a mob scene in the woods this fall....

·
Registered
12,826 Posts
As of 10:30 am the vote was unanmous for the inclusion of crossbows this fall for all bow
wow and you were thinking it wouldnt happen? money talks my friends and in the end archery season is poisened...get ready for the gun clubs saying they are shooting all the bucks..eab will be brought back if not they will move guns well into NOV[down] pat yourselves on the back..becareful what you wished for

·
Registered
928 Posts
and in the end archery season is poisened
that is your opinion and you're entitled to it but myself, the majority of nj hunters as per the f&g survey, most major hunting interest groups, outdoor influencial personalities, approximately a dozen states and even "virtually half" of the ubnj's own membership disagree. crossbows will get more hunters involved in hunting, especially women and children and it will allow thousands of hunters to spend thousands of more days hunting in nj.and during a time when the numbers of hunters are declining nationwide.

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
How do you go from passing full crossbow inclusion to 'the gun clubs saying they are shooting all the bucks'...to 'eab will be brought back if not they will move guns well into NOV pat yourselves on the back..be careful what you wished for'....

How does crossbow inclusion result in moving gun season to November? I thought all those opposed to crossbows thought they were GUNS anyway????

Sorry to vent here...I've tried to stay out of all these arguments in every thread...but enough is enough....Quit whining and move on!!!!!!

·
Registered
441 Posts
hopefully the animosity and rancor will go away now (or at least not be tolerated) and this section can be used for advice and help for those who shoot and hunt with crossbows. i know of several people, myself included, who stayed away because of the bs that was tolerated here. hopefully that will change.

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
njxbow...couldn't have said it better myself....I'm new to crossbow hunting, and hopefully will be able to get more good advice from those who've been at it already...I typically didn't get involved in exchanges...but my earlier post was the result of the constant attacks and opinions of those who oppose full inclusion....

What crossbow do you shoot?

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
but my earlier post was the result of the constant attacks and opinions of those who oppose full inclusion
That went BOTH ways. Just as many if not MORE from those who supported. My personal concern is that it doesn't impact the 150 ft bill when it comes for vote.

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
halfrack....I agree on the 150' rule...if you saw on another thread...Jakesbeard was asking for help getting info from other states....he and I were on opposite sides of full inclusion...but that didn't stop me from trying to help...the 150' bill helps all of us...I said many times that we need to stop fighting amongst ourselves and fix what's wrong with hunting in NJ....

·
Registered
12,826 Posts
hopefully the animosity and rancor will go away now (or at least not be tolerated) and this section can be used for advice and help for those who shoot and hunt with crossbows.
it wont happen this is a forum ...just like if a thread is made about baiting some dont like it some do .... if i dont like crossbows i have every right to say it just as you have every right not to like jello pudding even if i do;)...just like any abled bodied hunter that shoots a deer with a crossbow i will say "so you took the easy way out"[drinking]

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
that is your opinion and you're entitled to it but myself, the majority of nj hunters as per the f&g survey, most major hunting interest groups, outdoor influencial personalities, approximately a dozen states and even "virtually half" of the ubnj's own membership disagree. crossbows will get more hunters involved in hunting, especially women and children and it will allow thousands of hunters to spend thousands of more days hunting in nj.and during a time when the numbers of hunters are declining nationwide.
[rofl]

·
Registered
6,890 Posts
that is your opinion and you're entitled to it but myself, the majority of nj hunters as per the f&g survey (what, that survey that revealed 30,152 more hunters in what was bow season...a number you said is not accurate? So, is the survey accurate, and there will be 30,000+ more hunters, or is it not accurate and there will not be that many? Can't have it both ways and expect anyone to think you have a brain) most major hunting interest groups (except nearly EVERY bow hunting group and organization, and still not sure what groups you are talking about...care to name them?), outdoor influencial personalities (yet at the same time, they admit it's not really bow hunting), approximately a dozen states (a few less than a dozen, but hey, even if you are right, the flip side is...38 State Fish and Game Agencies who think you are wrong, vs your "about a dozen" who have been paid to say otherwise) and even "virtually half" of the ubnj's own membership (based on that same flawed survey that you already said is not accurate when you don't want it to be) disagree. crossbows will get more hunters involved in hunting, especially women and children and it will allow thousands of hunters to spend thousands of more days hunting in nj.and during a time when the numbers of hunters are declining nationwide (but not declining in NJ, where this plague has just been introduced).
This is bad for bow hunting. Bow and arrow seasons are being replaced in States each year, and NJ just lost theirs today to a bunch of haters on our Fish and Game Council who hate bow hunters and decided to replace bow season with a crossbow season. Why??? Because it's easier and no one wants to learn to shoot a bow and arrow, and for money...lots of money paid to our State by the ATA to open new markets for thier members' products, and the promise of more revenue from additional bow hunting license sales.

In my opinion, the future of hunting looks bad because it's all about money, and making it as easy as possible. When managing budgets takes priority over managing deer, and making it as easy as possible to maximize that revenue stream dominates deer management (as it does now in several States, including NJ), deer hunting is headed in the wrong direction.

The sad part is, those with whom we've entrusted wildlife management have proven they cannot be trusted with it, yet because they are making it easier for us, we drink the koolaid and continue down the road to ruin.

Good luck with your crossbows, and a fond farewell to bow season, was nice while it lasted, but like all good things, it was ruined by the pursuit money and instant gratification.

·
Registered
928 Posts
just like any abled bodied hunter that shoots a deer with a crossbow i will say "so you took the easy way out"
and i will say you are a sore loser and a:

·
Registered
9,467 Posts
Anyone know if there were speakers on it at the voting? If so who? Antis ?
No one at the meeting spoke out AGAINST CrossBOW use, Including the ANTI Hunters that were present. So if they thought they were so EVIL why didn't they speak out against them when they had the chance ? [confused]

just like any abled bodied hunter that shoots a deer with a crossbow i will say "so you took the easy way out"
Do you say that now to the Hunter that shoots a deer with a Compound Bow and not a Long Bow ?

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
No one at the meeting spoke out AGAINST CrossBOW use, Including the ANTI Hunters that were present
and they sure had a lot to say...and I ditto that...they spoke NOTHING about crossbows

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
"just like any abled bodied hunter that shoots a deer with a crossbow i will say "so you took the easy way out"

Would you say that to the hunter that shoots a deer with an inline muzzleloader with a jacketed bullet and a scope..instead of a round ball shot from a flintlock??..or a slug gun with a scope instead of buckshot on a drive? If any one out there who was (and still is) opposed to full inclusion believes that anyone who uses a crossbow is taking the easy way out...then show me that flintlock...tell me that every deer you've ever taken was running at full speed...and you'd never sink so low as to take one at 75 yards with the aid of a scope!!!

Bottom line is...today's vote gives hunters a choice.....and someone like me a chance..who...due to injury.(non-disabling)..gets to get back in the woods during the rut...

NOT everyone is looking for the EASY way out.....stop generalizing...not all of us that will use a crossbow are somehow less devoted to this sport....

·
Registered
6,890 Posts
I would not go that far, not really that hunters "fault". It's like an overweight kid that wants to eat a 1/2 gallon of ice cream each night. Of course kids want the ice cream, and some kids who are a little greedy will want ALOT of ice cream, but should the parents let them have it? Isn't it the job of the parents to tell the kids when enough is enough? Likewise, if we had competent people on the Fish and Game Council, they should have said well you can have crossbows some of the time, but not all of the time.

Those who are supposed to be competent and trusted in managing what's good for the resourse vs what deer hunters want have failed us, period. I guess their hatred for bow hunting and bow hunters overrules good management, and of course, all that money floating around out there didn't hurt either.

The problem is, we have no bow hunting advocates or representation on the Fish and Game Council. They are hunting advocates yes, but not bow hunting advocates. There is a difference. ALL bow hunting advocates are necessarily also hunting advocates, but not all hunting advocates are bow hunting advocates.

In our case, we have no bow hunting advocates on the Fish and Game Council, and in fact, I could easily make the case we have people who are actually hostile towards bow hunting and bow hunters. That was pretty much just proven when there was no effort to salvage any bow and arrow season...the entire thing was lost, and I'm sure they did so with a big smile on their faces.

I have never been more convinced than right now that we absolutely MUST have a new Fish and Game Council structure, and some new members on it. Time to air the dirty laundry and make that happen. ;)

1 - 20 of 101 Posts