New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay guys, I have tried to download some pictures. For those of you who know me, I'm not the computer guy. Plus I've been extremly busy skinning deer and bear for my noons taxidermy customers. Yes, the 776 lb bear was shot on state land. Yes, I knew there was a big bear in the area, but I had no idea he was this big. I had found his chew trees and markings while woodcock hunting with my dogs. I bowhunted the area as well, and found some pretty heavy bear trails. I found his tracks in the snow at first light on Thursday morning. I tracked him for about two hours, but never caught up to him. I returned in the afternoon, and he appeared around 4:40 pm. One shot from my Savage 12 gauge (Thanks Simon Peter), 2-3/4" federal barnes dropped him at 45 yards. I did put 2 more insurance rounds in him. Approximately 8 hours later with the help of 11 total people and a boat, we managed to drag him to the road. What an unbeliveable experience for all of us.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Hey John.. I'm glad you posted up.. Not sure if you remember me you did two of my bucks I shot about 3 years ago. You havent seen me because I havent shot one since [lol].. Anyway, I was going to give you a call and say congratualtions! What an awesome bear... Are you going to stand him up in your living room with the other monster you have? Dont forget the Santa Hat :)

Rob

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
A boat! You are a genius!! I love it. Congrats on the bear.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Congrats[up] I guess I have to wait a lil bit longer for my muzzloader buck as you will be busy gettin this guy done[hihi]Just kidding great job- Dan

1 - 20 of 29 Posts