New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anybody have a contact number for him. I have a buddy looking to pick up a new rifle and i recommended him since ive only heard good things about him. only problem is i dont have his ph. #. i found jim flynn truck repair on google. is this the same guy? any help is appreciated. thanks.

·
Registered
4,976 Posts
I live 100 feet away. If nobody has the number, pm me and I'll get it for you. I was in there today for blackpowder and seeing if he was hiring. He said yes and sorry man I wish I was. Great guy, prices are unbeatable. He has a bunch of older stock around cheap. Scopes, game cams, and such. Very tiny place as he is really not a gun store, but a licensed dealer, stocks guns, but will give you a price and order what you need. No sign but Jim Flynns Truck Repair.

·
Registered
558 Posts
First time I went there, I entered the first door and asked the guys at the parts counter if this was the place do buy guns. They deadpanned me and stoically said no we don't sell guns. After a long pause, they said you might want to go thru that door over there![lol][lol][lol]Feels more like Pennsylvania or upstate NY rural area atmosphere.

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the help fellas. [up] ill pass the info along and let yous know how it works out.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
called him before xmas about pricing a new rifle. he said to give him a few days. 2 weeks later i had to call him back. gave him another model gun to price and havent herd from him in a month.[down]. he gets highly recommended on this site and was willing to travel because i herd he had the best prices. oh well. so far ive found it much easier and better prices to locate a gun on your own and use a local licensed transfer.

·
Premium Member
8,616 Posts
Ordered a G35 from him 3 weeks ago,'should be ready to pick up next week

·
Registered
5,456 Posts
2 weeks later i had to call him back. gave him another model gun to price and havent herd from him in a month
I have ordered from him as well and have heard some of the same complaints. Reality is, hes actaully really busy. Every time I went in there to pick my gun up the place was packed and its really only Jim doing most of the ordering and leg work. I dont think he makes all that much money off these sales given the prices he has. He just really wants people to own and enjoy firearms.:D

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
jim makes $25 dollars a sale. he will tell you the cost of the gun plus shipping, tax and $25 for him, thats all he gets.
Jim gets a lot of calls for guns and i doubt he can remember everybody that calls him, every time i go to pick up a gun he's on the phone with someone about a gun.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts