New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
jerseyjim, have you gone for bunnies yet this year...so far you havent checked in for the contest with any bunnies...

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Bunnies come after deer.

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
Bunnies will be after Deer season. I am going to take Jim out at my property and we are going to bag a couple :)

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Sean, you get any birds over your pup yet?

·
11,226 Posts
Late season bunnies give you better shots with less brush to shoot through!!!! After the snow knocks some of it down it's even better!!![up] I usually get out by now but it's been a busy work season so far!!!!

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
Had the pup out no birds out there. She stayed a good distance came when called and never ran off. She still needs to learn to get into the bush but that come later when she figures out where the birds hang out. My old dog use to walk the path until she found out the birds like the thick stuff then I could not keep her out of it. She knows what she is looking for but the day I got her out the woods were empty. I have not got out as much as I have wanted to because of my work schedule 11:30am to 8pm If I go out early in the AM I am beat at work. Jim as soon as the 6 day Deer season is over me and you are going up to my property for some bunnies this may be the last year up there for me so I want to hunt the heck out of it this year.[up]

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Sean if you need help ridding the place of furry brown creatures with whitetails:D

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
Mike I will count you in you know you are always welcome. Maybe we can get a couple of us together and drive them little furry yummy tasting creatures around for some shots [up]

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
Carlo, you are in lets make a date for after the 6 day I want to get some bunny's all this talk I am getting more stoked then Deer Hunting :)

·
Registered
10,211 Posts
Hey got room for one more? I ain't been bunny blast'in in a long time.:D

·
Registered
68 Posts
I am fairly new to NJ (live in Westfield, Union Co.), and I haven't hunted in a while but I would like to hunt with some knowledgeable bird/rabbit hunters. Want to try out a recently purchased Browning 20, and I am currently waiting for my FID. I am also interested in an '06 Spring Turkey hunt and would be interested in learning anything about a safe successful hunt from anyone that turkey hunts around here. Thanks!

·
11,226 Posts
I am also interested in an '06 Spring Turkey hunt
I'm pretty new to turkey hunting myself but your more then welcome to join me on a hunt or two this Spring![up]
As far as bunnies go we will be having a get together or two on here so keep an eye out for the posts![up]

·
Registered
68 Posts
Appreciate the offer JerseyJim. A turkey caller is on my xmas list, and I can't wait to torture my wife with that during the meantime. I have become addicted to NJHunter, so I'll stay tuned.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.