·
11,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jersey a step below most severe fire warning
With no rain for two weeks, state officials raise alert to 'very high'
Wednesday, September 14, 2005
BY MARYANN SPOTO
Star-Ledger Staff
Not a single drop of rain has fallen in the entire state of New Jersey for two weeks. It's been just as long since there has been a cloud in the sky threatening anything from a dribble to a deluge.

While the carbon-copy days of blue skies and warm temperatures have been beautiful, they've also been downright dangerous, dramatically increasing the threat of forest fires.

http://www.nj.com/news/ledger/jersey/index.ssf?/base/news-1/1126678562231440.xml&coll=1

B

·
0 Posts
I remember a years ago it was worst then this, and it was mentioned about closing it on public state lands, but that won't happen too much "$$$$$$" involved

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
Years ago they closed state & fed. land for spring turkey. They already have your lic. money so that isn't a factor.

B

·
0 Posts
True they have your money, but with us hunters going into small towns they need our money

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
Sorrry, but I don't think the people in Trenton care about that. If they did we would have a bear or dove season.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I donot believe they care aboutus hunters. In the winter during heavy snow storms they close the forest off until the snow melts or they get around to plowing the roads.I was talkng to my dad he remembers that bow season was closed in the 70s for 1/2 the season until the fire danger was lifted.

·
Banned
3,206 Posts
Spruce Run is really low, I wish we would have gotten some of Ophelia's rain

1 - 11 of 11 Posts