New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
slugman,

I'm not sure what the SF is for, but I have hunted a section of Jenny Jump for shotgun season only. It's ok. I can tell you that since I've been hunting Assumpink, I've been seeing alot more deer than at Jenny Jump.

Feel free to e-mail me with any other questions.

David

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
I hear shots there all the time. I hunt private property across the highway from them.

B

·
0 Posts
There are alot of deer there, its just that there isn't many hunters hunting it, the deer have alot of places to hide, whatever pressure there is push the deer on to private land, and the clubs push JENNY JUMP so the deer go back onto there lands

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
That farm on rt519?
It's right off of 519. You turn at the Triple K. I think they changed their name though.

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
JJ is a big place. some areas up on the ridge doesn't have deer move in until they are done picking down I the muck.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
heading up there next week with Wildwork ( his old lady took his PC, hasnt been on ) We'll be bowhunting so wont have to worry about deer drives. Any info on good spots to go in ? We are trying to leave Tues & hunt wed , Thur & fri morning.

Thanks

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
he was in the hospital for a few weeks , just now able to pull his bow back. He lives 3 blocks up the road from me. I'll ask him about the book.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Did he finish the book?
Wondering the same thing. I would like to get that book.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Is he ok, what happened?

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If its the book on hunting state land in NJ , don't think so. He was in the hospital for a total of a month or more very recently.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Glad to hear he is ok. The book was about state land. Let him know we were thinking of him.

·
Registered
545 Posts
i have a friend who's property backs up to jenny jump near the lake and he is begging me to come up and deer/bear hunt - he has had a black bear walking his property recently and once met his wife and 2 kids at the mailbox - i think i will be taking him up on his offer this year :)

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
During the Spring '05 Turkey season, I saw 3 bears as close as 40 yds from me. I'm sure there are a bunch more.

David

1 - 19 of 19 Posts