New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we ll seems as if the jefferson sportmen club are at it again with illegal posting. Now they are posting town property as private property everyone says i should lay off of them but when it could potentially cause legal problems for some one i need to speak up. So im speaking up have spoke with the town green acres and F&G they are aware of it and will be investigting it so if by chance you hunt rockaway river WMA only legal property they have is the old flatte farm way deep in the woods dont let them B.S. you into thinking you are tresspasing the property along side motion auto body is town proprty verified with tax map search property along power lines off of compton goble rd is also town property also verified thru tax maps why do the keep trying to act like know one is watching hello MCFLY you are wrong we are watching and we do care. Everyone can call me what you want but it is what it is after what one the members did to me years ago i will be athorn in the side of this club for eternity. you can agree with my motives or you can disagree with me that is your right but as long as it is public property i will do what i have to do to keep it public thanks for the rant happy new year to all

·
Registered
389 Posts
I saw the signs too, rip them down please. I do when I see them, just check the tax map like you did and anyone can see they are illegally posting. If someone says you are trespassing ask for their name and tell them your calling the CO to confirm this and to see why they posted town property, watch them run! aholes you are right!

·
Registered
389 Posts
I also think they cant hunt the Flatt Farm. Harvey Flat and his brother have lifetime rights I believe but I don't think they tell everyone else they can hunt it. Harvey has the tan jeep, extremely nice guy and so is his brother Blaze if you see them. They also look like twins!

If I see him I will ask who has permission to hunt the flatt farm.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Thats funny some old guy whos a member of that club tried to tell me that i could hunt the town property by the powerlines and that i should stayon that side because hes been hunting there for 60 years. I just smiled and said its all public land now just about. On a side note theres way too many dirtbikes in there i called the CO and left a message but didnt even get a call back.

·
Registered
8,185 Posts
No need to be so defensive. I doubt anyone here would give you grief for pointing out illegal postings on public lands. You did the right thing alerting the authorities. My guess is unless they catch club members actually posting, there really is little they can do except send a warning and removing the illegal signs. This has been an issue in every state that I am aware of. There's always a few bad apples in any group.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
brokeleghunter they sold that parcel a few years ago to the gentlemen who owns alices rest. here on the lake the owner has given the club a lease to hunt that parcel. bucksnbows didnt mean to come off so defensive in the past i have been ripped apart on this site with venting about this club and the unethical ways they hunt and treat other hunters. they think they still own the entire entire mountain. A few years ago they had everything behind shawnee posted as private property when i called f&g the C.O. investigated and found that yes they had over posted gave me the option if i wanted him to fine them for each posting i said to him no that i just wanted to hunt in peace. at which he said ok over signage was removed the fine would have been thousands of $ considering it was like 100.00 per each posted sign please excuse my defensive posture but as i typed in the beginning hostilities on this board can get out of control sometimes hence why i was defensive in the original posting didnt notice it until you pointed it out next time iwill reread it a few times before i post thank you. Thank you TRASH

·
Registered
8,185 Posts
brokeleghunter they sold that parcel a few years ago to the gentlemen who owns alices rest. here on the lake the owner has given the club a lease to hunt that parcel. bucksnbows didnt mean to come off so defensive in the past i have been ripped apart on this site with venting about this club and the unethical ways they hunt and treat other hunters. they think they still own the entire entire mountain. A few years ago they had everything behind shawnee posted as private property when i called f&g the C.O. investigated and found that yes they had over posted gave me the option if i wanted him to fine them for each posting i said to him no that i just wanted to hunt in peace. at which he said ok over signage was removed the fine would have been thousands of $ considering it was like 100.00 per each posted sign please excuse my defensive posture but as i typed in the beginning hostilities on this board can get out of control sometimes hence why i was defensive in the original posting didnt notice it until you pointed it out next time iwill reread it a few times before i post thank you. Thank you TRASH
I used to live in Lake Shawnee and knew they overposted, but that was over 16 years ago. I guess I'm not surprised they still do so. When I lived in the midwest and pheasant hunted CRP lands, you would often find them illegally posted. For a farmer to enroll in CRP, those lands had to remain open to public hunting in states like Iowa, but the landowners post anyway hoping to keep the pheasants all to themselves or to lease the land to clubs. I understand that remains an issue out there to this day.

·
Premium Member
4,189 Posts

Here's the NJ property tax map for those interested.
Just zoom in on the property you're interested in.

State of NJ - Tax List Search

So this proves to me amongst other posts that Eskimo is the most computer literate person on this forum. He can find anything on the world wide web! I'm convinced!

Reactions: GWO

·
Registered
286 Posts
No need to be so defensive. I doubt anyone here would give you grief for pointing out illegal postings on public lands. You did the right thing alerting the authorities. My guess is unless they catch club members actually posting, there really is little they can do except send a warning and removing the illegal signs. This has been an issue in every state that I am aware of. There's always a few bad apples in any group.
If they have names on the signs they do have to be caught posting. Just ask American Whitetail Unlimited,a club that was in Pemberton, NJ. $25 a sign and $1000 for littering.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Let me know what happens. I would love to hunt there again! Who doesn't like to see 3 deer a season.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
quick up date just spoke with green acres they have recieved my email. as of today they are looking into it will not know the out come for atleast 2 weeks as far as the signage she recommended not to touch them regardless of who put them up. so as usual the wheels of goverment work slow at times but they still work and GLASS WATER as far as 3 deer a season try again just lots of walking needed to find them and what side of mountain they are on as they say work the wind but in them hills the wind changes every second.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
you want to open their eyes? get the town to hit them with damaging the trees, future use eliminated from them being ever able to have them logged, sold as timber. Happened to my club once when we were having trouble with trespassers, we posted along 78 for visibility, turns out the state got pissed and fined us, now we post on our side of the fence but lesson learned. Cost us 5 grand about 20 years ago. This only has to happen once, and the rest of the shcmucks will get the hint and stop risking it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this a real old discussion, but does anyone know if hunting on township property is legal? I don't mean Green Acres, Rockaway River WMA or the county park, I know what to do about those. I mean actual Jefferson township property. Thanks for any input.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts